• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gwili Railway - carriage liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexl92

Established Member
Is anyone on here familiar with the Gwili railway? I saw a photo today of their St David’s day services and noticed that 3 of the 4 mk1 coaches were painted BR(S) green with a red stripe along the side. I haven’t seen this elsewhere, so just wondered if there was a reason or meaning behind this livery?

ALso, although it wasn’t easy to tell for sure, one of the coaches looked like it had the roller/shutter doors similar to some WCRC support coaches, and I couldn’t see any normal windows - can anyone shed light on this too?
Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llanigraham

On Moderation
The Gwili Railway web site has a full list of all their coaching stock. Unfortunately it is a full page that I can't copy. (on my phone)
Go to Enthusiasts on the top, and Coaches is the third one down the sub-menu that appears when you hover there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ge-gn

Is anyone on here familiar with the Gwili railway? I saw a photo today of their St David’s day services and noticed that 3 of the 4 mk1 coaches were painted BR(S) green with a red stripe along the side. I haven’t seen this elsewhere, so just wondered if there was a reason or meaning behind this livery?

ALso, although it wasn’t easy to tell for sure, one of the coaches looked like it had the roller/shutter doors similar to some WCRC support coaches, and I couldn’t see any normal windows - can anyone shed light on this too?
Thanks!

I think the coach with the roller shutters is a converted BG which now serves as kitchen one end, brake still in the middle, and generator the other end which is part of their dining set which also includes a TSO for covers and a converted TSO that serves as a bar/buffet with a large open space for performers and dancing.

The livery I believe was done under sponsorship from Felin Foel brewery who paid for some of the dining set conversion and is their colours rather than a railway livery.

It’s been in use ten or so years.

They had a pretty forward thinking promotions department a few years ago.

alexl92

Established Member
Thanks, that's really interesting to know! Not a bad plan having the coaches sponsored, being green and red they're still within Welsh colours so it's not like it's garish First dynamic lines!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Thanks, that's really interesting to know! Not a bad plan having the coaches sponsored, being green and red they're still within Welsh colours so it's not like it's garish First dynamic lines!
Or the Pilkington railtour set (not my photo)...
388A9E4C-3276-4244-84A0-910BFE13664D.jpeg
Yikes. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.