• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWML High Speed Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LucaZone

The first one has a closing speed of 125mph! Its one of the first shots where I twigged how to capture trains moving at such speed.

Cheers for the comments. Knowing what images people like gives ideas as to how to take subsequent pictures :)

Coxster

Established Member
Nice pics. Welcome to the forum Adam, not seen you around here before!

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Nice shots dude! Nice to see a fellow Berkshire based enthusiast!! Did you capture the 50+37 move today? I was at Taplow freezing my arse off on platform 1 :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
"Rare Oxford bound HST, seen crossing over Didcot North Junction" - The caption for one of your shots, the second one in the collection IIRC.

My reaction: "Rare? RARE? Quite a few of those a day, so RARE? No!"

Like the shot of the rear 43 clagging at Tilehurst mind.

LucaZone

Will get it changed then :P I thought they were rare because Adelantes ran those services rather than HST's.

50+37 move! see this is what I mean. Ive posted in the locaitons thread, for advice on this. Even with Freightmaster I never know where to be at the right time :(

Still a fledgling photographer of trains :)

16CSVT2700

Established Member
LucaZone said:
Will get it changed then :P I thought they were rare because Adelantes ran those services rather than HST's.

50+37 move! see this is what I mean. Ive posted in the locaitons thread, for advice on this. Even with Freightmaster I never know where to be at the right time :(

Still a fledgling photographer of trains :)

What you need mate, is to join some GEN groups, SWRG and railgen are the best in my opinion. Or if you want I could supply you with some gen should I chance upon it?

(EDIT: removed extra p in suppply :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.