• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR 387 Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

03_179

Established Member
Afternoon all,

Can anyone supply me with the diagrams of the 387s out of Paddington please.

Looking to do a bit of a bash in the New Year to get 10 miles out of each one.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

03_179

Established Member
Thanks.

I'll interrogate the Timetable for ideas but the actual diagrams may make this a bit easier as I don't want to get too many duplicates in a day.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Afternoon all,

Can anyone supply me with the diagrams of the 387s out of Paddington please.

Looking to do a bit of a bash in the New Year to get 10 miles out of each one.

Thanks in advance.

The diagrams will change in the next timetable

nw1

Established Member
From what I understand (through reading various threads here) the Didcot half-hourly will continue to be formed of 387(s) (though with less stops as Crossrail is taking over more of the stoppers), also there will be a two-hourly Newbury fast formed of 387(s), leaving London around xx35, though can't remember whether it's in odd or even hours.

In the peaks there will also be a half hourly Reading and Didcot only fast in the peak, also formed of 387s.

03_179

Established Member
I may wait until the changeover to have another look and request for the Diagrams then ... :)

MarlowDonkey

In the peaks there will also be a half hourly Reading and Didcot only fast in the peak, also formed of 387s.

At some time in the near future, 387s will be on the Heathrow Express.

Isn't there also a local service between Reading and Newbury?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I may wait until the changeover to have another look and request for the Diagrams then ... :)

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think I have seen any full set of diagrams posted on the Forum unless they have appeared on the Frequently Requested Diagrams thread which relies on people submitting them. . There are people who have access but as they are internal documents they can run the risk of action for disclosing such information. You could request them to be sent to you by PM and have a bit of luck

03_179

Established Member
Sorry to disappoint you but I don't think I have seen any full set of diagrams posted on the Forum unless they have appeared on the Frequently Requested Diagrams thread which relies on people submitting them. . There are people who have access but as they are internal documents they can run the risk of action for disclosing such information. You could request them to be sent to you by PM and have a bit of luck

Good idea.

If anyone does have a copy of the new ones or will have a copy of the new ones they can PM me it.

Confidentially assured (as in a similar situation).

03_179

Established Member
Hi all,

In the planning stages of a GWR 387 haulage trip.

Can a really nice person let me have the diagrams I'd be grateful. I understand if they wish to remain anonymous regards work as I'm in the same situation. I can assure you of confidentially.

You can always let me have a copy via DM or email to me if you wish.

Thanks in advance.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hi all,

In the planning stages of a GWR 387 haulage trip.

Can a really nice person let me have the diagrams I'd be grateful. I understand if they wish to remain anonymous regards work as I'm in the same situation. I can assure you of confidentially.

You can always let me have a copy via DM or email to me if you wish.

Thanks in advance.
They're on the half hourly London - Didcot circuit primarily (repeating every 3.5 hours), with 2 units on Reading - Newbury shuttles.
There's units which stable at West Ealing/Reading during the day, that come out to work peak time extra services.

03_179

Established Member
Thanks, I am trying not to duplicate the same units too much.

The diagrams will give me a clear indication what is running and when.

I think there are 31 diagrams although this may have been reduced following the departure of 387141 which leaves 33 units as the GWR operational fleet. If it is still 31, then the 31 different units can be found on the following services in the evening peak;

(2) 1D47 1650 Paddington - Didcot
(2) 1N42 1656 Paddington - Maidenhead
(3) 1D76 1719 Paddington - Didcot
(2) 1N44 1727 Paddington - Maidenhead
(2) 1D91 1742 Paddington - Didcot
(3) 1D77 1751 Paddington - Didcot
(2) 1R03 1756 Paddington - Reading
(3) 1D78 1820 Paddington - Didcot
(2) 1R04 1826 Paddington - Reading
(2) 1D92 1842 Paddington - Didcot
(3) 1D79 1849 Paddington - Didcot
(2) 2N60 1926 Paddington - Didcot
(1) 1K58 1936 Paddington - Newbury

(1) 2K50 1612 Reading - Newbury
(1) 2K54 1710 Reading - Newbury

This probably isn't to the level of detail that you are after, but perhaps could be used as a starting point? Hope this helps.

03_179

Established Member
Thanks Mr. Stains …

Is the (x) the number of units in the formation or the "diagram" number

Status
Not open for further replies.