• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR amending tickets & "book with confidence"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sor

Tried searching around and couldn't find anything similar - apologies if this is a duplicate.

I have an advance ticket that I wanted to move in line with the temporary change in policy.

I have managed to change it with no fee, but the confirmation email tells me to bring the original tickets when I travel - which I don't have, as the original booking was for collection at the station and I have not done that yet - would that booking still be in the system so I can do so when I finally travel?

Also, the replacement tickets seem to be on a (free or £7.50) postage only option, can't collect. Not a problem for me, but it seems a bit odd, is this meant to be the case?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
GWR and other companies that use Wordline (Webtis) online ticketing system deal with change in journeys by issuing an excess fare. Excess fares are only valid with the original ticket, which you will be able to collect from the ticket machine. Excess fare cannot be collected from ticket machines which is why they have to be posted.

Haywain

Veteran Member
The original ticket will need to be collected less than 28 days after its travel date.

sor

Thanks both - managed to get to a station in the end so now have both the old ticket + the excess

Status
Not open for further replies.