• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Apprentice assesment 28/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciisfun

Good evening all,
I've got myself booked in next Tuesday at Plymouth, and I was wondering if anyone knows what I'm likely to have, I remember last time when I went for yard team member it was essentially just a scaat test, Is it likely to be just that, or will there be other things going on as well? as well as knowing what to wear, It's my friends birthday on that day, so was going to meet up with him if there's time (according to the invitation it isn't due to finish until 4)
Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out, and sorry about the rambling nature XD
wonder if anyone else on here is also going for it?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kim_Badger

Hi, quick question, what did you decide to wear in the end and how were other applicants dressed?

leomartin125

Hi, quick question, what did you decide to wear in the end and how were other applicants dressed?

Suit. That's what I wore, it's a formal thing in the end of the day. make a good impression. I've been accepted and recieved a conditional offer for the Operations Apprenticeship in Oxford. Also will add, if it's anything like the one I went to in Swindon, it will be both engineering Apprentices and operations Apprentices. It's not any formal tests but rather a few teamwork things lined up, roleplay (not for engineering) and a formal interview, plus a basic railway knowledge tests with other candidates and also english and maths tests.

Last edited:

sciisfun

suit, always a suit, although my jacket was off for most of it due to the heat! everyone was in suits, or black skirts. oh and to reply to your question on your thread, no, it didn't go too well, I'm off back to Halfords! think already completing one apprenticeship played against me a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.