• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Assessment Centre - Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauhid miah

hiya

i have my MMI coming up at the end of this month with GWR. i was wondering if anyone has any tips of what to expect on the day of know any of the questions that will be coming up?

Thanks!

tauhid miah

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Firestarter

hiya

i have my MMI coming up at the end of this month with GWR. i was wondering if anyone has any tips of what to expect on the day of know any of the questions that will be coming up?

Thanks!

tauhid miah

Search the forum for ‘MMI’ and there’s loads of info mate. Good luck!

Andy79

Has anyone had an email re results from the assessment centre on 6th Feb??

Daydr3am3r

Well if it was anything like the most recent assessment centre then I’m sure you will hear something soon.

Andy79

Does anybody know what the assessments pass rates are for stage 2?? Thanks

Daydr3am3r

Oh no Willum I’m sorry to hear that.

Found out this afternoon that I passed the MMI.

Did they provide any feedback on particular questions?

Willum

No feedback, so I don’t really know what to do to improve right now. Gutted.

Twotwo

Yes. Sadly failed the mmi :(

You have to call opc. They have a waiting list but they will eventually get back to you. They are quite vauge as they only tell you what question it is you failed on.

Willum

You have to call opc. They have a waiting list but they will eventually get back to you. They are quite vauge as they only tell you what question it is you failed on.
Thanks very much Twotwo.

Twotwo

Thanks very much Twotwo.

It might even make you feel better knowing it was just one question you failed on and not a few. Tbh I knew what question I failed on so all they did was just confirm it for me. But they don’t tell you why or add anything else. I know how you feel as I am in the same boat as you.

Willum

It might even make you feel better knowing it was just one question you failed on and not a few. Tbh I knew what question I failed on so all they did was just confirm it for me. But they don’t tell you why or add anything else. I know how you feel as I am in the same boat as you.
Crap feeling isn’t it. When did you have yours?
Do you have the contact details for opc by the way?

Hasan Shah

Hi mines on the 25th March, what type of questions do they ask on mmi and how long is the day roughly, booking train tickets so tryna see what best time to book thanks

Willum

We were told 10am until 3pm. All 6 of us passed the computer tests and finished that part by 12:40. We were then given interview times, 2 at a time as they had 2 interviewers, of 12:45-13:45-14:45. I was in the middle, the next candidate went in at 3 and the last was still waiting. There are examples of the questions on these threads.

Daydr3am3r

I would encourage everyone not to look too far ahead. Concentrate on the computer tests, as if you do not pass these then you will not progress to the MMI.

You will have time to study the questions and come up with answers, and each candidate will have slightly different sub questions dependant on their SJE answers!

Stigy

Established Member
I would encourage everyone not to look too far ahead. Concentrate on the computer tests, as if you do not pass these then you will not progress to the MMI.

You will have time to study the questions and come up with answers, and each candidate will have slightly different sub questions dependant on their SJE answers!
Are the computer tests not on the same day as the MMI for GWR?

I’d recommend preparing for the MMI anyway, but not worrying too much about it. The computer tests are really tests you can revise for, so discounting the MMI because if you don’t pass the computer assesments probably won’t be of benefit. It’s good to have an awareness of what to expect from the computer assessments of course, but the MMI is probably the big one which requires most prep.

Daydr3am3r

Same day but if you fail the computer assessments you don’t take the MMI. I agree about preparing but my point was that the questions could change and sub questions will be personal to you.

Daydr3am3r

Received an invite to DMI this morning for dates in early April.
Still moving very quickly for me which is good!

Willum

I failed the mmi, so certainly think that’s the part that needs most preparation. I didn’t think I did too badly on the day, but I could have prepared better it would seem. Some people breeze through interviews, but it’s the part I struggle most with personally. The tests it’s good to be aware of what you have to do, but you can’t prepare all that much for.

Status
Not open for further replies.