• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Conductor Exeter St Davids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kim_Badger

I got an email to book an appointment this morning.

Evie, any tips on the questions?

Evie 12

Yes, they are competence based questions, give me an example of when you have given excellent customer service etc. :D

sciisfun

Anyone else here passed the telephone stage and going to assessment?

You've probably got caught in between the apprentice assessment days, they were carried out all of last week around the network (mine was in Plymouth XD) so I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't had one yet

Kim_Badger

I have a date booked, I was just seeing if anyone else was around!

Hope yours went well :)

Kim_Badger

No, haven't heard anything!
I called on Friday and they said that Pat has been in back to back assessments so the candidates are still showing as 'assessment attended' on the system

Marc Stevens

Anyone been invited to managers interview?

No, haven't heard anything!
I called on Friday and they said that Pat has been in back to back assessments so the candidates are still showing as 'assessment attended' on the system

Yeah I just phoned and they said they will hopefully give an update at the end of the week, said that last week aswell ahhhhh, they said all candidates will get an interview so just a case of waiting I guess. At my assessment she said the interview dates would be 3/4 August, guess we missed that cut off

Last edited:

Kim_Badger

Yeah I just phoned and they said they will hopefully give an update at the end of the week, said that last week aswell ahhhhh, they said all candidates will get an interview so just a case of waiting I guess. At my assessment she said the interview dates would be 3/4 August, guess we missed that cut off

Oh! They didn't tell me they are interviewing everyone. That's good to hear :)
And yeah, I've called a couple of times and they keep saying "next few days"

Marc Stevens

Yeah they said more people passed the assessment than they had planned which is why they are having to load more interview slots hence y we are delayed, when was ur assessment?

Kim_Badger

In the morning on the 12th July. I think they did 3 days. I got the email to say I passed on the way home. Was yours around then too?

Marc Stevens

Right update - today and 2moz they are interviewing mainly internals only with the odd one to two externals thrown in. So therefore could be a chance all the positions will be filled internally. Bloke was fairly confident but couldn't guarantee that we will get an interview (depends on success of internals) and once again said to keep an eye on inbox over next few weeks

Kim_Badger

Thanks for the update. It's so frustrating getting told different things all the time!

Gr0ve83

I got the same thing will let you know soon etc etc then I spoke to one person who said you are down for a telephone interview and then the next day I got an Email saying you have been unsuccesful and all the positions have now been filled.

In less than a third of a time I have had my assesments, interview and medical for SWT and the whole process has been so well done. I should start my training on Monday 15th.

Kim_Badger

I got the same thing will let you know soon etc etc then I spoke to one person who said you are down for a telephone interview and then the next day I got an Email saying you have been unsuccesful and all the positions have now been filled.

In less than a third of a time I have had my assesments, interview and medical for SWT and the whole process has been so well done. I should start my training on Monday 15th.

Is that for the same role at SWT? Well done :)

Am still waiting for an update from GWR *sigh*

Marc Stevens

Bloody hell,well done!! Yep still no update from gwr, initial interviews will have been concluded last couple of days so am gonna phone again later on,

Kim_Badger

Bloody hell,well done!! Yep still no update from gwr, initial interviews will have been concluded last couple of days so am gonna phone again later on,

I wonder if you and I are the only ones calling twice a week?
Did you apply for the ambassador role as well or just conductor?

Kim_Badger

Just conductor, u?

I did both. On the thinking that I have no rail experience so might not make it this time. And as I have a lot of customer service experience that might be a real good starting point for me. Only worry is it's a fixed term contract

Kim_Badger

Marc, did you call today?
Im in the office and my boss is in too, not sure she'd appreciate me making that type of call!

Status
Not open for further replies.