• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR conductor role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony43

can anyone advise I recently failed the driver assessment with gwr passed all except the tea-occ I know I cannot apply again for six months but does that include conductor or guard roles thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lmc1976

I would say it does, I recently fell short on a conductor application with GWR and have been barred from applying from any safety critical role for 6months so that includes conductors, TMs, Drivers etc.

OneLowban

Ah okay so it is as I thought.

I then thought it could be a ban on only applying for drivers roles but it seems not to be the case.

TraineeSam

Hi Tony - no it wouldn't stop you applying for a Conductor / TM role with GWR. You wouldn't be able to apply for a driving role for 6 months but anything else is fine. You cannot, however, apply for a conductor role; turned down for that and then reapply for TM as the assessments are the same. However if you pass the Stage 1 Assessment and fail Stage 2 your result is valid for 3 years so you wouldn't have to resit it. Hope that helps!

Tony43

Hi Tony - no it wouldn't stop you applying for a Conductor / TM role with GWR. You wouldn't be able to apply for a driving role for 6 months but anything else is fine. You cannot, however, apply for a conductor role; turned down for that and then reapply for TM as the assessments are the same. However if you pass the Stage 1 Assessment and fail Stage 2 your result is valid for 3 years so you wouldn't have to resit it. Hope that helps!
thanks for that am I right in thinking then if conductors role unsuccessesfull it wouldn't affect a second chance at driver assessments as ultimately that's where I would like to end up.really annoyed at the failing the tea-occ as reading on here its difficult to get through the paper sift and have to do that again assuming another trainee role comes up

TraineeSam

I wouldn't think it would affect your chances (not that I know 100%. I've done a few assessments with GWR through our internal careers) but you only get 2 chances for both guard / driver roles. So you can do the guards assessment twice and if you failed on the second go that would exclude you permanently from being able to apply for that position again. It is the same with the drivers stuff; but don't forget if you've done psychometric testing with one TOC you can take that result with you to another TOC. Again though if you fail it twice you're excluded.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
You would be barred from reapplying to a Guards role after failing Driver assessments only if you failed an element of the drivers assessments that is common with guards. Tea-occ isn't one of them.

The 6month rule applies to job groups. For driver this is anything requiring you to do driver assessments, such as Manouverer or Depot Driver
Guards would be any customer service role, so.that could be Conductor, TM, gateline, dispatch, booking office etc

Tony43

You would be barred from reapplying to a Guards role after failing Driver assessments only if you failed an element of the drivers assessments that is common with guards. Tea-occ isn't one of them.

The 6month rule applies to job groups. For driver this is anything requiring you to do driver assessments, such as Manouverer or Depot Driver
Guards would be any customer service role, so.that could be Conductor, TM, gateline, dispatch, booking office etc
thanks have just applied and completed online assessment fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.