• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Conductor vacancy Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael74

There was a section in the application that asked if I had previously taken the test so they should know that already, also if my scores aren’t ok to progress to stage 2 then I would assume I would be ruled out of the Conductor process aswell. Impossible to know what to do for the best!

Yes, I ticked that when I applied for the TM role but still got the online assessments etc (its automated), as I bobbed them an email and I got an email a few days later saying I had passed stage 1 and if my score etc will be invited to stage 2 etc.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wilco34

The stage 2 application for the TM and Conductor role are essentially the same (from my experience).

Best advice I can give is to be engaging, be confident in your opinions without trying to dominate and be diplomatic within the group. It's actually an enjoyable exercise when you get in to it.

michael74

I see the vacancy closed yesterday and has been re-advertised today until the 19th. (Same for the Plymouth TM post as well).

mjn

Looks like the Conductor vacancy at Par has also been relisted. I applied for that last week and have to do the online assessment tonight.

Daydr3am3r

My friend is applying for this vacancy. If you dip out I appreciate you cannot apply for any customer service roles for 6 months. Does include trainee train driver?

mjn

I did the numerical reasoning test for the Par vacancy last night. I thought that it was more testing than those of some other operators.

Willum

Anyone waiting or got a date for the second assessment for Exeter? I was told the 18/19th of June at the first assessment. Still waiting though (after I couldn’t make the Easter one).

Willum

Anyone waiting or got a date for the second assessment for Exeter? I was told the 18/19th of June at the first assessment. Still waiting though (after I couldn’t make the Easter one).
I’ll answer my own question.
Just been offered the 3rd or 4th of July.
Anyone else here attending then?

michael74

That's me out, although I passed stage 1 (from a previous conductors assessment) I have been rejected :( Clearly people with a higher score than I already waiting.

Willum

That's me out, although I passed stage 1 (from a previous conductors assessment) I have been rejected :( Clearly people with a higher score than I already waiting.
Sorry to hear that. Have they told you as much or have you just not been invited yet?

varcoe88

Has anyone heard anything about the Par vacancy? I completed the numerical reasoning assessment about 2 weeks ago and not heard anything so far.

paulwestwood

Has anyone heard anything about the Par vacancy? I completed the numerical reasoning assessment about 2 weeks ago and not heard anything so far.

As the closing Date was on the 19th please give them chance to read through all of the applications. HR will also have to sort out where these tests are going to be held and if they are doing a mixture of Exeter, Par, Plymouth and Penzance. Another thing is as I’ve mentioned before HR have different sections to deal with different departments. So the lady in charge of Conductors and Train Managers has to deal with all depots. Also as above it looks as though HR are also having to carry out stage 2 assessments at the same time and this isn’t a quick process as the Depot Managers need to be available for Stage 2, where as stage 1 is just normally dealt with by HR on there own.
Hope this helps.

mjn

I've not heard anything since completing my numerical reasoning either. Fingers crossed. Ive applied on the basis of having to relocate though, so hopefully that won't go against me.

varcoe88

Update for anyone waiting to hear on the par vacancy, I had an email this morning inviting me to the assessment centre in two weeks time. Anyone else here had an email and attending?

mjn

Update for anyone waiting to hear on the par vacancy, I had an email this morning inviting me to the assessment centre in two weeks time. Anyone else here had an email and attending?

I received the invitation, but am away with my current job on those 2 days with no chance of escape. I've emailed them explaining and have been hoping all afternoon that there's another day they have in reserve. If not then I guess there's always next time :(

Railroader22

Hey guys. Old thread, I know, but, very interesting read! Does anyone have any insight into tattoos at GWR? I have a full tattoo on my hand, nothing offensive, but I was wondering how strict GWR are when it comes to this? Asking for conductor role.

Status
Not open for further replies.