• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Cornish Night Riviera Sleeper and GWR Class 57 updates from Long Rock

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Does "Runs SO between 21/05/2016 to 10/09/2016" in the schedule information not give you a clue?

Well done you.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Code:

Any idea which 57 will attend the open day in Bristol on bank holiday Monday 2nd may?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Well done you.
Code:

Any idea which 57 will attend the open day in Bristol on bank holiday Monday 2nd may?

Probably a bit too far ahead of the event yet, but in view of recent availability may have to be last minute decision. The two leased ones 303+310 have been working the Night Riviera recently. Probably GWR 57/6 due to livery rather a leased one.

co-tr-paul

604 is the planned loco. It is the next and last due for repaint but as I have previously posted, will be on traditional GWR as it is now. Don't know when its due though.
Tonight on the up from PZ sees the first time the set departs from PZ ALL green. Though not correct formation. 604 will be up front too.

co-tr-paul

Should be same, TSOD has flat tyres.
Update for weekend, although I'm off, I believe the blue TSOD is back in set. 604 and 303 in charge.
SLEP 10563 is the next in line to go green.

co-tr-paul

57604 now repainted in traditional GWR livery. This completes the 57 repaint cycle. Should appear at SPM open day.
Whilst off work, been told wrong info. 57604 not yet repainted and still in normal use.

co-tr-paul

SLEP 10563 back from repaint and having F exam ready for next week. Still "june" for first internal refurb. Final plans have been published for new depot buildings and contractor appointed.

superalbs

Established Member
Ideal, thanks. Hope to catch it on the morning run from Penzance to Par soon then :)

It only goes to Penzance in the evening.

It's Par to Plymouth, then Plymouth to Exeter. It then returns on Exeter to Penzance.

superalbs

Established Member
Oh, if you mean catching it as in seeing it, then yes.
I thought you meant you would catch it as in ride it. My bad.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Looking on RTT it positions from Penzance TMD to Par just before the scheduled run to Plymouth

That's correct. 57603 today I believe
I've also posted the info re 57603 on the Par to Exeter LHCS thread.

Last edited:

co-tr-paul

57603 awaits its 1028 empty run to Par for the first of this summers LHCS Saturdays only Cornish Locals.... in typical Cornish summer weather.

Attachments

• WP_20160521_10_00_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160521_10_00_24_Pro.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 226

Phil.

Established Member
Oh, if you mean catching it as in seeing it, then yes.
I thought you meant you would catch it as in ride it. My bad.

Apologies from an old fogey but when you say, "my bad" do you mean "my mistake"? I'm not always up to date nowadays on young speak since my boys left home.

co-tr-paul

I knew somebody would start with that one......!!!

All I know is its route learning. Somebody on Flikr has posted that its for work later using the type. I'm rest day today but will try to find out more tomorrow but then I'm off for two weeks..... .

Established Member
I knew somebody would start with that one......!!!

All I know is its route learning. Somebody on Flikr has posted that its for work later using the type. I'm rest day today but will try to find out more tomorrow but then I'm off for two weeks..... .

Checking gauging for a tour next week.

Class 170101

Established Member
Apologies from an old fogey but when you say, "my bad" do you mean "my mistake"? I'm not always up to date nowadays on young speak since my boys left home.

Its not your mistake Phil. Superalbs thought you want to ride it but it appears you actually just want to photograph / see it between Penzance and Par