• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR customer Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgey12

Hi Rail forum,

I am fairly new to forum style questions, so here goes.

I applied for Customer host in Worcester shrub hill, I did the assesments:
- group question
- listening test
- maths test
- another group test

I was then successful in getting down to the last 5 chosen to do the PA announcement.

Now this is where the information becomes limited...

What happens next?
Interview?
Or
Conditional offer of employment if I'm successful?
How long should I normally have to wait for an answer?

I didn't bother asking the questions at the time as I know people and especially GWR are so busy, I was hoping someone on here may have experience.

Thankyou

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshgirl01

Hello - I passed the assessment day then had a interview a few weeks later. I successfully passed the interview was told that I have got the job but that there are no vacancies at current. Therefore putting me on a holding list which could take up to 6 months. I'm also curious as to how long I will have to wait? It doesn't seem to be very clear and very limited communication.

Sorry I can't help answer your question but I hope we can get some answers!

Supertrains19

Georgy12 I suspect going off what welshgirl01 said that you should get an interview date and then from there depending on the needs of the depot a job offer/medical or go into a talent pool for a job like welshgirl01.

Hopefully welshgirl01 you won’t have to wait too long, did your email say waiting list or mention talent pool, just seems to be varying with GWR in how they describe what seems to be talent pool.

Established Member
I successfully passed the interview was told that I have got the job but that there are no vacancies at current. Therefore putting me on a holding list which could take up to 6 months. I'm also curious as to how long I will have to wait? It doesn't seem to be very clear and very limited communication.
It sounds like you're in a talent pool, unfortunately there is no guarantee of being offered a position at all.

Georgey12

Hi and thanks to the replies :)

No there were no mention of Talent pools or waiting for positions, welshgirl was yours for Worcester, Bristol or any where else?. From what I understood there were quiet a few positions actually open at Bristol and Worcester.

Does any one have the typical questions they asked at the interview? Welshgirl, maybe that something you could help with as you passed yours :) ?

Thankyou.

Georgey12

Hello - I passed the assessment day then had a interview a few weeks later. I successfully passed the interview was told that I have got the job but that there are no vacancies at current. Therefore putting me on a holding list which could take up to 6 months. I'm also curious as to how long I will have to wait? It doesn't seem to be very clear and very limited communication.

Hi welshgirl, did you get the job offer via email or phone?

Thankyou.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Does this make difference ? I’m on hold for different role
Yes. You'll get your "congratulations you're in the talent pool" by email and you'll get a call if and when they put you on a course

Nicbetyy

Yes. You'll get your "congratulations you're in the talent pool" by email and you'll get a call if and when they put you on a course
I had a call tell me I was successful and had to chase them for any email confirmation . I’m in month 4 of waiting ....

Georgey12

Hi all and thanks for the information so far,

I had a call yesterday with a conditional OFFER !!!

YES :)

They are sending medicals through the next 48hours with a view to start in Jan/Feb all being well.

Now my next question, for CH role, what is done in the medical? D&A I'll fly through as I don't really drink or take any illegal substances.

I think I have to go to Reading for mine?

rob wright

Well done
As a tm it was eyesight, hearing, colour blindness and blood pressure some you may need but as Its none safety critical I "think" its just looking for the obvious like a second head

Welshguy

Hi there,
what station are you in the talent pool for?

I am currently waiting for a customer host position to become available for Cardiff and have been waiting since last summer.

Hi there, sorry this is my first time and post to a forum.

Can I ask what station are you in the talent pool for?

I am currently waiting for a customer host position to become available for Cardiff and have been waiting since last summer.

Last edited:

GeorginaD.

Hi everyone, I applied for the role of Customer Host for Paddigton 2 weeks ago I had 2 online assessment the last one being last Tuesday but after that I didnt receive another email or something like that. Whats the process ? Could anyone please inform me about ? What should I expect?

Thank you :)

Georgey12

Hi georginaD,

Between decisions I would say allow anything up to 4 weeks at a time, this goes for assessments, group assessments and the final interview decisions.

When you are successful you will expect a date for centre assesments, these include listening, mathematics, group excercise and then successfully completing those... An interview (which will be done on the same day).

After that you have your medical, measure for uniform and start date.

I wish you the best of luck :)

GeorginaD.

Hi Georgey12,

I scrolled a bit and saw that you applied for the same position for some time, what should I expect when it comes to assessments, group exercise including math test and other tests?

P.s I really want this job, so any information and tips are welcome.

Thank you very much :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.