• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Diesel Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Nice pics Seth. Not been up to Gloucester and Warwickshire yet.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Nice pics mate, may I ask how far this is from cheltenham spa station? (if it is close that is)

Sprog

Established Member
HSTfan!!! said:
Nice pics mate, may I ask how far this is from cheltenham spa station? (if it is close that is)

Its a long way away frm Chelt Spa. I beleive there is a bus service, but not sure. :idea:

Anyone who hasnt been ot the GWR, DO! Its well worth the visit :D

Coxster

Established Member
Cheltenham Race Course
The nearest mainline railway station to the GWR is Cheltenham Spa. Stagecoach services D & E operate every 15 minutes from Monday to Saturday from the forecourt of Cheltenham Spa railway station, running to Cheltenham Race Course Park & Ride.

The Park & Ride is about a half a mile walk to the GWR Race Course station. The walk is along the race course internal road, and is sign-posted. Our booking office is at road level, whilst the platforms and main station buildings are reached by a slope. Visitors who prefer not to walk are advised to either use a taxi or to use Winchcombe or Toddington station instead.

On Sundays and Bank Holidays, Stagecoach service D operates hourly from Cheltenham Spa railway Station to the top of Evesham Road on its way to Bishops Cleeve and beyond. Passengers are advised to ask the driver to set them down at the stop nearest to the entrance of the Race Course. They should check the location of the stop back into town, on the Evesham Road.

Winchcombe
Winchcombe Station is situated in the village of Greet and is served by Castleways Monday to Saturdays. The buses depart from the Royal Well bus station, Cheltenham Spa. Passengers should get off at Harvest Home Public House in Greet or Becketts Lane stop, and walk back to Winchcombe Station, approximately 3 minutes away.

Toddington
Toddington is served by the Castleways service from the Royal Well bus station, Cheltenham Spa, Mondays to Saturdays. There are about four buses a day to Toddington.

Stagecoach, telephone 0870 608 2 608
Castleways Coaches, telephone: 01242 602949

Met Driver

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
HSTfan!!! said:

Its a long way away frm Chelt Spa. I beleive there is a bus service, but not sure. :idea:

I believe joy54 used the bus service to get to the Racecourse, so he's the man to ask. ;)

spm_43030 said:
Anyone who hasnt been ot the GWR, DO! Its well worth the visit :D

Definitely! :D

Edit - Beaten to it by Coxster. :(

Spelling corrected - COXSTER

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Nice shots, feel sorry for the passengers who didnt have any Steam Heat though. Then again, it's more like Warm Damp than Steam Heat. Rots the interiors of Mk1's faster than anything and leaks like hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.