• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR HSTs in odd formations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Good morning people. For anyone that uses HST's on GWR services, there is one where even if First Class is at the front towards London and at the front out of London, Coach D maybe in reverse formation. I had this on the 17:45 from Moreton-in-Marsh back to Oxford on the 17/02/18 and on the slightly delayed 11:42 from Didcot Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads on the 23/07/18 instead of an IET.

So for anyone with forward seats in Coach D in this case, try not to take any notice of the HST formation on the information boards as you may get caught out.

I promise you I'm not making it up / at least I don't think I am anyway !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

XCTurbostar

Established Member
GWR are definitely finding it difficult to retain full complete formations of HSTs. I saw at least 1 or 2 HSTs on Saturday with an First or a second Buffet coach in the middle of standard.

On Moderation
Good morning people. For anyone that uses HST's on GWR services, there is one where even if First Class is at the front towards London and at the front out of London, Coach D maybe in reverse formation. I had this on the 17:45 from Moreton-in-Marsh back to Oxford on the 17/02/18 and on the slightly delayed 11:42 from Didcot Parkway to Bristol Temple Meads on the 23/07/18 instead of an IET.

So for anyone with forward seats in Coach D in this case, try not to take any notice of the HST formation on the information boards as you may get caught out.

I promise you I'm not making it up / at least I don't think I am anyway !
And in English?

Are you saying that coach D was a first class coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.