• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Intercity Express Train (IEP) initial diagrams & allocations

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hello all could someone please help me the following services for the middle of this week, just need to know if I'm expecting a HST or a 800
0647 penz padd
1136 padd chelt
2120 chelt bristol tm

The 1136 PAD - CNM is definitely an 800
The 0647 is HST, I believe?
Not sure about the last one

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cambsy

On Moderation
At the moment the only Penance-Paddington IET is 14.00 hrs service, arrive Paddington 19.20, think as stated further up thread, the next increase is 24th Sept, when several more West Country services go over to IET operation.

The 1136 PAD - CNM is definitely an 800
The 0647 is HST, I believe?
Not sure about the last one
This week the 1136 is an HST, it comes ECS off Old Oak Common and was seen with an HST today.

There are a lot of trains that have recently flip-flopped between booked HST and IET so what a train is booked for one week is no guide as to what it will be booked for the following week. The diagram involving 0930 Bristol - Paddington was one of the first turns to become an IET, yet this week it has reverted to booked HST. Last week 1033 Paddington - Paignton was an IET, this week an HST, while 0703 Paddington - Paignton was HST last week is IET this.

Well I was wrong about the 1033 Paddington - Paignton. Today both the 0703 and 1033 are IET with 9car and 5car respectively. Perhaps yesterday the 1033 was one of the HST vice IET mentioned by FGW_DID

Warwick

At the moment the only Penance-Paddington IET is 14.00 hrs service, arrive Paddington 19.20, think as stated further up thread, the next increase is 24th Sept, when several more West Country services go over to IET operation.

Funnily enough I was walking past the station on my way back from Sainsburys yesterday as the 14.00 pulled out. I saw that it was formed of two short wonder trains. I thought we were supposed to have big wonder trains with buffets and restaurants rather than have what is essentially fast outer commuter sets.

There is a lot of changes daily so it seams, I'm sure it'll all calm down eventually but when that'll be is anyone's guess

JN114

Established Member
Funnily enough I was walking past the station on my way back from Sainsburys yesterday as the 14.00 pulled out. I saw that it was formed of two short wonder trains. I thought we were supposed to have big wonder trains with buffets and restaurants rather than have what is essentially fast outer commuter sets.

There’s never been any firm plans to put buffets in any of the GWR IETs; except in the imaginations of some members here. All IETs are capable of providing full restaurant service.

The diagrams the IETs are on aren’t the final plan - there is rather more 10 car running than is ultimately intended at present - only around half of the 9 car 800s and 1 of the 9 car 802s have been delivered yet.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hi are class 800s being used on London-Cheltenham routes? Travelling next Monday 17th Sept.

Yes, most trains to Cheltenham are 800s, except for the 0936 and 1536 departures from London to Cheltenham which are HSTs.

Hello there I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to tell me if the 1215 padd Swansea and the 1129 Swansea padd are booked for 800s on Monday 17th thanks

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Hello there I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to tell me if the 1215 padd Swansea and the 1129 Swansea padd are booked for 800s on Monday 17th thanks

1215 from Paddington ends up at North Pole depot so that's a yes, unsure about the 1129 from Swansea as that isn't showing as heading back to any depot on Real Time Trains. I would expect it to be an 800 because it normally is but with the Parkway blockade there could be some variations.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
1215 from Paddington ends up at North Pole depot so that's a yes, unsure about the 1129 from Swansea as that isn't showing as heading back to any depot on Real Time Trains. I would expect it to be an 800 because it normally is but with the Parkway blockade there could be some variations.

I wouldn't go on what RTT says. Anything can change and they do by the time comes

Goldfish62

Established Member
There’s never been any firm plans to put buffets in any of the GWR IETs; except in the imaginations of some members here.
Er... What about the minds of GWR senior management? They considered it but decided not to proceed.

Does anyone know what Cornish Saturday diagrams will be 800 on the 27th of October please

Goldfish62

Established Member
Does considering it and deciding not to proceed constitute a firm plan?
You stated that it was only "in the imaginations of some here", inferring that it had never been considered. I was pointing out that that's not true.

JN114

Established Member
You stated that it was only "in the imaginations of some here", inferring that it had never been considered. I was pointing out that that's not true.

I said that firm plans only existed in the imaginations of members here...

Status
Not open for further replies.