• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffer68

Folks, do you think there is enough material about GWR of old in mainstream publications and enough online content perhaps about the up to date First Group run GWR company that a separate GWR magazine is not needed, or do you think that there is a market for such a magazine? I am aware of the GWR Journal which stopped in 2017 but that only covered historical topics.

Should it be a printed magazine or perhaps online only? Pros and cons with both of course.

I feel that if a publication did come about, it should cover GWR in the steam era but also heritage railways that run on the old lines in modern times - and further afield where GWR locos operate on other lines. I think topics on modern rolling stock, stations, improvements to the network and community projects should be written about too; and why not have some material for modellers too.

What are your thoughts on the above? Do let me know. Thanks

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.