• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Operations Apprenticeship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I've applied for the Bristol vacancy, even though I live in Cardiff. They've still taken me through to the telephone interview, which I have on Wednesday. Any tips/advice?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

leomartin125

I've applied for the Bristol vacancy, even though I live in Cardiff. They've still taken me through to the telephone interview, which I have on Wednesday. Any tips/advice?

Hi Dan,

My Phone interview is tomorrow, my best advice would be to stay clam and collected, and answer any questions with confidence to seem like the ideal candidate. Best thing is to ask questions yourself, then you seem interested to learn more about the Apprenticeship and more keen. Beware though, there is a fine line between 'keen' and 'overenthusiastic', so make sure you don't sound cocky otherwise this could lead to a swift exit. Just be yourself, that's what they want and make sure you sell yourself as exactly what they need.

Good luck!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Hi Dan,

My Phone interview is tomorrow, my best advice would be to stay clam and collected, and answer any questions with confidence to seem like the ideal candidate. Best thing is to ask questions yourself, then you seem interested to learn more about the Apprenticeship and more keen. Beware though, there is a fine line between 'keen' and 'overenthusiastic', so make sure you don't sound cocky otherwise this could lead to a swift exit. Just be yourself, that's what they want and make sure you sell yourself as exactly what they need.

Good luck!

Thank you for that, really handy! :)

I thought the same. Luckily they give you a briefing of what they may ask you so I'm going to prepare for that today!

My only concern however is that the assessment training is on 1st July but I am on holiday! :/

Good luck to you sir!

TheDiplomat99

Hi Dan,

Good luck!

Ive got a telephone interview tomorrow for he Plymouth apprentice role

How did you both find the interview? :)

Last edited:

leomartin125

How did you both find the interview? :)

It wasn't easy as I only got 15 minutes and ideally I had prepared to say a lot more about myself but I feel it went well. This was then justified by an email to me this morning stating I had passed. Hoping the next stop is the Assessment Centre, of which I have already been to one for the Yard Team Member position and passed that so I'm hoping for the best for this one too.

alocotpi

It wasn't easy as I only got 15 minutes and ideally I had prepared to say a lot more about myself but I feel it went well. This was then justified by an email to me this morning stating I had passed. Hoping the next stop is the Assessment Centre, of which I have already been to one for the Yard Team Member position and passed that so I'm hoping for the best for this one too.

Mine was the same; I prepared to say a lot more than I had the opportunity to talk about. The interviewer was impossible to read though, so I have no idea if I did well or not.

Best of luck to anyone else who is waiting to either hear back or be interviewed!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Same for me also! I had three pages of notes ready but in the end I didn't even need to use any of it. Think they make you prepare notes and then ask you something completely different just to try and catch you off guard! I just applied my answers to the interviewer's questions to the role I applied for and relayed everything back to that. Waiting to hear back now from them.

Best of luck to anyone else applying for this role!

alocotpi

I was unfortunately unsuccessful in my phone interview, however according to a friend that works for GWR, although you can't apply to the same position for six months, you can apply for a different location.

Can anyone confirm this?

ScouserGirl

I didnt get it unfortunately gutted isn't the word but am sure something else will come along :)

TheDiplomat99

I, too, was unsuccessful during the phone interview. I'm a little surprised as I felt that it went well but evidently not.
Oh well, good luck to anyone else that's still in the running!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.