• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR - Oxford based Drivers route Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harold

Hi all,

Hope you are all well, especially for those who have been on this forum for as long as I have even longer. Ive searched through google and this forum and cant seem to find answers to the question. Im a mainline Train driver for South West Trains and have been fully productive for 3 and a half years. Im looking to possibly change TOCs to GWR. As per the title, are there any GWR Oxford based Drivers on here or anyone with any knowledge as to what Routes and Traction they sign. Im aware Oxford is an LTV depot but I understand they also cover High speed work.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

All the best,

Harold

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FGW_DID

Established Member
Oxford LTV sign 165/166 and 180s. They cover Oxf - Pad services and northwards to Banbury and over the Cotswold line to Worcester FS. I don't believe any of them sign Reading Depot.

HSS work would be between Hereford and Paddington.

Rich McLean

Established Member
From Memory, but may have changed

Oxford sign 165/166, 180s and HSTs (not all drivers signed the HSTs)

Routes signed are Hereford to Oxford via the North Cotswold line, Oxford to Banbury, Oxford to Paddington both Relief and Main lines, plus the Greenford Branch. However, not all drivers sign all routes.

However this may have changed since I moved, especially as there is more HST work during the week. Most of the Hereford diagrams are crewed by Paddington and Bristol HSS, with Oxford Crews generally only going as far as Great Malvern.

Depots signed are Old Oak Common and also Oxford Carriage Sidings.

However as I said at lot of changes have happened and are planned to happen with the introductions of 387s, Crossrail and the Greenford becoming a shuttle. Not sure if Greenfords are off the cards yet.

Last edited:

Sprinter153

However this may have changed since I moved, especially as there is more HST work during the week. Most of the Hereford diagrams are crewed by Paddington and Bristol HSS, with Oxford Crews generally only going as far as Great Malvern.

1W00 0822 PAD-HFD, 1W02 1022 PAD-HFD and 1W07 1722 PAD-HFD in the Down and 1P51 1209 HFD-PAD, 1P65 1514 HFD-PAD and 1P90 HFD-PAD in the Up are Oxford worked, so it's just over half the Hereford services worked by Oxford drivers (and none by Paddington drivers who sign to Worcester Foregate Street only now). It is top link work though.

It's a nice bunch at Oxford, a great old school depot.

Rich McLean

Established Member
1W00 0822 PAD-HFD, 1W02 1022 PAD-HFD and 1W07 1722 PAD-HFD in the Down and 1P51 1209 HFD-PAD, 1P65 1514 HFD-PAD and 1P90 HFD-PAD in the Up are Oxford worked, so it's just over half the Hereford services worked by Oxford drivers (and none by Paddington drivers who sign to Worcester Foregate Street only now). It is top link work though.

It's a nice bunch at Oxford, a great old school depot.

As suspected a few things have changed. Thanks for the updates

Status
Not open for further replies.