• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Oxford Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracker400

Hi Everyone,

So I found out in October this year that I had been successful in my application and that I had been put in the Talent Pool for Oxford. When I applied it was for a position, pending vacancies for 2018/19. Today I received an email from them, once again stating that I had been successful and that they were placing me in the Talent Pool but that I wouldn’t hear anything until they had vacancies for 2019/20!

Has anyone else received a similar email? Also does anybody happen to know when they might actually start training people?

Tracker400

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

They have just been recruiting for a talent pool including Oxford I think, and this was for jobs in 2019/20 so I suspect you're in that same pool

Tracker400

Hmmm may have to have words with HR as my application which I started in August 2017 was for the 2018/19 Talent Pool, so I won’t be impressed if they’ve put me in a later one.

Hmmm may have to have words with HR as my application which I started in August 2017 was for the 2018/19 Talent Pool, so I won’t be impressed if they’ve put me in a later one.

I would imagine there are no intakes planned in the next few months hence the merging of the pools, sounds better than just pulling the plug on your pool surely?

FGW_DID

Established Member
Have you thought there may only be one big talent pool and any training courses for 18/19 have been allocated hence why you are now being considered for the 19/20 courses.
Are you internal / external?

Tracker400

I have managed to speak to HR today and my mind has been put at rest. As you all correctly stated, the courses for this year and the beginning of next have all been filled and the change in dates to 19/20 was just to annotate as such.

I think I just had a bit of a panic seeing 2020! I’m in a position where I’m required to give my employer 12 months notice so I was just worried I could end up in a situation where I had no job for up to a year if things went awry.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
I have managed to speak to HR today and my mind has been put at rest. As you all correctly stated, the courses for this year and the beginning of next have all been filled and the change in dates to 19/20 was just to annotate as such.

I think I just had a bit of a panic seeing 2020! I’m in a position where I’m required to give my employer 12 months notice so I was just worried I could end up in a situation where I had no job for up to a year if things went awry.
Rest assured, GWR will not give you a year's notice of a course.

Status
Not open for further replies.