• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Pullman

Status
Not open for further replies.

basfordlad

Did this service on the 13.05 from Paddington to Plymouth, seriously impressed with not only the food but the service to was outstanding!
Everything cooked to perfection!, not cheap but we knew that, we are doing the breakfast service from Plymouth to Reading tomorrow
The trains are really quick on acceleration under the wires.
Only let down was the less the comfortable seats. 1st class voyagers beat those seats!
But worth every penny doing it
Fast train - Good food - nice views, what else!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Did this service on the 13.05 from Paddington to Plymouth, seriously impressed with not only the food but the service to was outstanding!
Everything cooked to perfection!, not cheap but we knew that, we are doing the breakfast service from Plymouth to Reading tomorrow
Only let down was the less the comfortable seats. 1st class voyagers beat those seats!

Replace the 802 1st class seating with those from the previous HST sets and then perfection complete ;)

Have to say I'm very envious reading that review, glad you enjoyed it!

basfordlad

Yes I agree. Been wanting to do this service for a very long time . So thought it would brighten up what is a rubbish month!

basfordlad

Completed this trip today
Very good breakfast service , great crew, not that busy, but they said january is quiet and beginning of the week normally very busy
As we went to Plymouth specifically for these services we booked first class tickets, but for the services we used i dont think you would have any issue with a standard class ticket at all, so obviously a lot cheaper, but not worth risking for a special trip that we made
We took the cross country service from Read North, bang on time, 1st class advances, all split, got offered loads by the first class host after every stop, (didnt bother with any more food), much better service then on a previous cross country train and both bang on time

dave87016

Established Member
Completed this trip today
Very good breakfast service , great crew, not that busy, but they said january is quiet and beginning of the week normally very busy
As we went to Plymouth specifically for these services we booked first class tickets, but for the services we used i dont think you would have any issue with a standard class ticket at all, so obviously a lot cheaper, but not worth risking for a special trip that we made
We took the cross country service from Read North, bang on time, 1st class advances, all split, got offered loads by the first class host after every stop, (didnt bother with any more food), much better service then on a previous cross country train and both bang on time

I agree I did the Pullman breakfast back in 2016 from Paddington - Newton Abbot the service was great the staff fantastic and the breakfast amazing worth every penny and the bonus and best part was the leading Powercar was 43172 "Harry Patch" which I needed for haulage

WesternLancer

Established Member
Glad I did it earlier last year when it was still an HST! You have reminded me how good that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.