• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR qualified driver jobs Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeelBurton

Hopefully someone can assist on this forum. Does anyone know what routes and tractions drivers at GWR Paddington sign? They are taking on qualified drivers at the moment and although I'm not interest myself I know a few individuals are? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NHG66

Paddington LTV drivers sign
Padd-Oxford
Padd-Greenford (soon to be West Ealing Greenford)
Padd- Bedwyn

Link 1 men also sign Padd-Worcester via Oxford

Traction is currently 165/6, 180, HST (Link1)

They used to do Slough-Windsors as well but have just lost them to Reading depot in advance of freeing up drivers to learn the imminent 387 arrivals and training on the Padd-Hayes service.

HeelBurton

Appreciated. Am I still correct in saying that you cannot apply for HST work until you have done a minimal 2 years driving and there's a waiting list after that? A friend of mine mentioned this to me about 6 years ago but don't know if it's changed or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irish_rail

Established Member
Need to do 2 years PRODUCTIVE before you can apply to move onto HSS (High speed service).
However, at present, link promotion at Paddington LTV is so quick guys are getting into link one and learning Worcester / HSTs within two years anyway at present!

Status
Not open for further replies.