• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR refund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepy

Established Member
Booked a sleeper journey with GWR (Advance) and plans changed. Conditions state change of journey possible but no refunds as normal. Phoned up to change journey and was told they would put it through for refund and should book new journey separately. Has anyone else had experience of refund then being declined - in short was telesales person giving duff info / in fob off mode ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sleepy

Established Member
It's an email saying refund is being processed within 28 days (ticket not collected from TVM) Just concerned refund team will look at it and say Advance = sorry no refund, when all I wanted to do was change date of travel, paying admin. fee of course.

dave87016

Established Member
If you intend to travel but wish to change your plans then I would contact them ASAP as within that 28 day period ( waiting for refund ) the price may well go up or tickets may sell out !!

Intermodal

Established Member
I wonder how long I can make my location on this f
It's an email saying refund is being processed within 28 days (ticket not collected from TVM) Just concerned refund team will look at it and say Advance = sorry no refund, when all I wanted to do was change date of travel, paying admin. fee of course.
I'm not really sure what to suggest. They have told you they will refund it, and you have email confirmation of such - but you don't believe them? What can really be done about that?

Sleepy

Established Member
Text of email:
Thank you for your recent refund claim.

Your Refund Claim Number is 000123

Your refund claim is being processed, we will process your refund claim within 28 days and we’ll contact you again when this is done.

Kind regards

GWR Refund Team

Perhaps I'm just paranoid ? o_O:D

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
I think you're being paranoid: you seem to be reading
Your refund claim is being processed
as
Your refund claim is being considered against all the rules and could be rejected
but I think it means
Your refund claim is being checked against our accounting records to find what money we should give you back, and once we've found the record in our books we'll be loading up the BACS transfer/card refund/whatever to get the money back to you.

Sleepy

Established Member
Spoke to GWR again assured would get refund but did state original call taker should have just amended to new journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.