• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR seat reservations

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyg901

I'm looking at the 10:22 GWR Swansea-Reading service next Friday. When I look at the seat map coach G is fully available (in fact 88 seats out of 78 apparently :lol:)but the other coaches seem to only allow you to book aisle seats. Does this mean these are still "socially distanced" and no one will be booked in the window seat ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

roversfan2001

Established Member
Aisle seats only would be strange way of trying to enforce social distancing. Normally its window seats only.

Alex27

I believe aisle seats are now reservable for dates after the 19th, not sure why it's not offering any window seats though

Ianno87

Veteran Member
I believe aisle seats are now reservable for dates after the 19th, not sure why it's not offering any window seats though

Perhaps the windows are already all booked, and now the aisles have been released?

Alex27

Perhaps the windows are already all booked, and now the aisles have been released?
You may well be right, I'm not entirely sure if the system will book two seats next to each other that aren't from the same booking yet or not, maybe it is

father_jack

See this

Argyle 1980

I booked a same day advance ticket this morning for two people to travel today and return next Tuesday and it allocated me opposite window seat tables on outward and two window airlines behind each other on return, so it looks like booking engine is still issuing only window seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.