• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR sleeper berth supplements

Status
Not open for further replies.

strato

I am purchasing a rail rover ticket.

How much is sleeper berth supplement, London to Penzance.

All help gratefully accepted. Thank You.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soccermad

Currently.

• The sleeper supplement is £80 for a single-berth room (£70 September-May), £55 per person for a 2-berth room (£45 September-May).

cyclebike

• The sleeper supplement is ... £55 per person for a 2-berth room (£45 September-May).

This raises a previous question of mine
I understand that sharing of rooms on the Night Riviera no longer takes place?
Yet there are still separate berth supplements for "single-berth" rooms and "2-berth" rooms
So if a single traveller purchases only the "2-berth" supplement (i.e. the cheaper price) - and of course also separately holds a valid travel ticket - they will still get a room to themselves?
Or is the "2-berth" supplement only for those travelling as a pair, and each of them must purchase the supplement, and they then get one room between them?
Am I overthinking this...

tomwills98

Room sharing doesn't take place, or at least it didn't when I went. I'm pretty sure it's £45 per person, and it would only be sold if two travel tickets are bought/presented. The only way you could share a room with a stranger is if you buy their ticket and book a double room.

Status
Not open for further replies.