• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gwr sleepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plymouthian

New member here looking for advice.

The TOC information pages on travel concessions appear to indicate there are concessions on GWR Paddington to Penzance sleepers albeit not at all clearly.
However both the GWR booking office and call centre tell me there are none.
I would appreciate any help with this little problem.

THANKS.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
It would be useful to know what type of concession we are looking at, for a start. ;)

Suffice to say that they do offer certain concessions but I guess that is not much use to you right now.

Oh, and welcome.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
RSTL has this to say about GW sleepers.

RSTL said:
Great Western Railway Sleepers from Paddington/Reading

There are two options available:

1. 75% discount off the most expensive Advance-Inclusive package in each type of accommodation (solo or twin) on presentation of a Staff Travel Card (no need to date a box) or a TOC Privilege Card.
2. Purchase a privilege rate ticket or date a box on your Staff Travel Card, and pay the sleeping berth supplement.

Please note that Option 1 availability is quota controlled. If no privilege-rate advance package tickets are left, you will need to take Option 2.

Tickets may be purchased from a National Rail station, or by contacting GWR Telesales on 03457 001125.

Fares also given on BRFares, with applicable fares highlighted at the end.

Plymouthian

Thanks for that,
l'm familiar with the guide at the top of your reply but I think,perhaps,the link at the bottom sets it out more clearly.
However I'm still faced with the problem of the GWR booking office and call centre being convinced there are no staff travel concessions!!!

father_jack

Thanks for that,
l'm familiar with the guide at the top of your reply but I think,perhaps,the link at the bottom sets it out more clearly.
However I'm still faced with the problem of the GWR booking office and call centre being convinced there are no staff travel concessions!!!

You either buy a priv 1/4 fare ticket (or date a box) and pay accordingly for the berth. Or there are priv berth "packages" subject to availabilty (example is PAD-PNZ)-
STANDARD CLASS
SAC SLP SOLO M2 ◊ STD SINGLE PRIV: £27.25
SAD SLP SINGLE OCC M2 ◊ STD SINGLE PRIV: £27.25
SAB SLP TWIN M2 ◊ STD SINGLE PRIV: £42.25
http://www.brfares.com/#expert?orig=PAD&dest=PNZ&rlc=PRV

Looked at August for someone recently and the packages were long gone (if ever available !) and the berths were often booked out.

Sleepy

Established Member
You need to get in quick for priv berth Inc. Packages especially in Summer on busy nights !

Status
Not open for further replies.