• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard with Groupsave

Status
Not open for further replies.

I13

I'm going to London for the day with two other people - two of us have railcards, but one doesn't, so groupsave might make sense. We'll be travelling around London a bit so a travelcard might also be worthwhile. We'll be travelling with GWR.

I have a few questions:

1. Will the tickets for the three of us be issued on only one physical ticket? This wouldn't be so bad at either end of the GWR legs, but might be a considerable hassle every time we use the tube.

2. I see that TfL also have Group Off-Peak Travelcards, but I see it's for groups of 10 and up. Just to check, will there be any issues with our travelcards having the discount applied when there are only three of us?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joe Paxton

Established Member
I'm going to London for the day with two other people - two of us have railcards, but one doesn't, so groupsave might make sense. We'll be travelling around London a bit so a travelcard might also be worthwhile. We'll be travelling with GWR.

I have a few questions:

1. Will the tickets for the three of us be issued on only one physical ticket? This wouldn't be so bad at either end of the GWR legs, but might be a considerable hassle every time we use the tube.

No, they'll be issued as three separate coupons (tickets).

2. I see that TfL also have Group Off-Peak Travelcards, but I see it's for groups of 10 and up. Just to check, will there be any issues with our travelcards having the discount applied when there are only three of us?

No. The TfL Group Travelcard is a quite separate product.

GroupSave Travelcards are incredibly common and you won't have any issue using them in London. Bear in mind that a condition of the GroupSave discount is that you always travel together as a group. (In reality I'm pretty sure people do occasionally split up in London when travelling around on the Tube, but there's always the possibility of being nabbed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.