• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR/SWR vacancies - Trainee Train Driver Salisbury, Yeovil and Paddington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LCC106

Established Member
4 of the vacancies for qualifieds are on the (normal / external) page if anyone’s interested though.

How come they sometimes only advertise for internals? Is it a much quicker process to put an internal through?

Just interested.

I’m an external and start with SWR on 30th March.

WombleGuard

How come they sometimes only advertise for internals? Is it a much quicker process to put an internal through?

Just interested.

I’m an external and start with SWR on 30th March.

What job? I start 30th too.

What job? I start 30th too.

Trainee driver for Weymouth, although my training was cancelled for now due to the lockdown.

I am now staying in the police for the next couple of months until COVID-19 is resolved and they can offer me a new start date.

They did offer to still start me on 30th and pay me to stay at home, but i declined as I earn more in the police at the moment. Hopefully they wont forget about me!

Aftv49

Hi Guys,

I want to become a train driver. I passed all my psychometrics for the driver position. However, I have never worked in the industry.

I was wondering what jobs did you all do before you got the position of train driver?

DA1

Hi Guys,

I want to become a train driver. I passed all my psychometrics for the driver position. However, I have never worked in the industry.

I was wondering what jobs did you all do before you got the position of train driver?

Well done for getting the first few steps out the way. Before joining the railway I was a Civil Servant. Currently a shunter driver. I’m awaiting a start date to be a driver for SWR.
Persistence and you’ll get there.

Last edited:

Andrew Ford

Hi Guys,

I was a long distance courier

Liam00086

Hi Guys,

I was a bus driver

iwasyoungonce

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is currently in training, their course includes 3 x Firefighters, 3 x Police officers, 2 x civil servants.

Status
Not open for further replies.