• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train Driver talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daydr3am3r

Thought I would start a fresh thread for all of us going through the process for various depots for 2019/20.
I’m in the talent pool for Exeter St David’s after passing my DMI on 11th April.

Moderator Note: I have expanded this to now include any drivers in the talent pool, regardless of date (currently including 2021).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Congrats and good luck to all those in the pool, hopefully won’t be too long a wait!

Daydr3am3r

Thanks Stigy.

I nearly tagged you in this but accept you are technically out of the pool now!

Willum

Thought I would start a fresh thread for all of us going through the process for various depots for 2019/20.
I’m in the talent pool for Exeter St David’s after passing my DMI on 11th April.

Congratulations mate.

Busandrail

I'm in the pool for 18/19 so does that count? Lol. Still waiting unfortunately, been in contact with HR and told to sit tight. My DMI was may 22 2018 so almost been in the pool a year now. I MUST be close to the top now.. RIGHT?!:lol:

Tommy222256

I'm in the pool for 18/19 so does that count? Lol. Still waiting unfortunately, been in contact with HR and told to sit tight. My DMI was may 22 2018 so almost been in the pool a year now. I MUST be close to the top now.. RIGHT?!:lol:
That's a long old wait, what station?

Longggday

Oh I only entered it last week so long wait ahead.
Ok, hopefully you’re wait isn’t long.
When I had my DMI they said there would be a course later in the year but there was no clear date yet. So hopefully it won’t be too long a wait for yourself.

Tommy222256

Ok, hopefully you’re wait isn’t long.
When I had my DMI they said there would be a course later in the year but there was no clear date yet. So hopefully it won’t be too long a wait for yourself.
I guess from reading the threads getting a medical does not give you a confirmed start date and just another thing they do?,

Longggday

I guess from reading the threads getting a medical does not give you a confirmed start date and just another thing they do?,
Like @tiptoptaff said, when they invite you to a medical they will tell you your start date.
But obviously that is a conditional start date, you have to pass the DBS and medical first before the formal offer.

Stigy

Established Member
As has been said really. The start date they give you will be verbal (mine was anyway) and they then send a conditional offer (basically a job offer as long as you pass all their set conditions including medical and DBS). They will then confirm the start date when they send you your formal offer once you’ve met their conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.