• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train Driver talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

genziu8181

Is this for a Depot driver role or Mainline ?

Congrats i have also been in the Plymouth pool since March 2020 this is the first im aware of an external called up on this forum anyway.
Exciting best of luck!!
In pool since January 2021, applied April 2019... Looks like they already called people they wanted on training course. Fingers crossed we will get on next one

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Traindriver40

In pool since January 2021, applied April 2019... Looks like they already called people they wanted on training course. Fingers crossed we will get on next one
Yeah it would seem so im aware of 2 people getting called this week both for mainline.

Overall i guess its promising for the future i still have 18 months in the pool although just had a medical with another TOC so likely the call will come to late.

BoTheRigger

Had the call this week.

Apologies in advance for asking for information which I'm sure is on here somewhere, but I've searched and cannot find it. It might also be outdated anyway...

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of an overview of first 8mths of training, so I can see what to expect and when?
Congratulations. Really happy for you. Getting on a course starting in January would be the best news in years for me!
Anyone here still in the pool at Gloucester? I’ve been there since September 2019… feels like much longer.

DWR

Congratulations. Really happy for you. Getting on a course starting in January would be the best news in years for me!
Anyone here still in the pool at Gloucester? I’ve been there since September 2019… feels like much longer.
Thank you. I really had given up hope that it was ever going to happen. Hopefully there will be more and more places opening up for people in here.

TheGoldfish

Had the call this week.

Apologies in advance for asking for information which I'm sure is on here somewhere, but I've searched and cannot find it. It might also be outdated anyway...

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of an overview of first 8mths of training, so I can see what to expect
Thanks for the quick responses...and level of detail. Am I correct in thinking it's office hours until Intro to Handling module?

PLY. Medical Dec, course Jan...but after 3.5yrs of waiting, I'm not counting my chickens just yet!
Back to school in January for you then lol! Best ask for a colouring set , pencil case and geometry set for Christmas … you’ll need it !! Congratulations and Best of luck for your training …

Status
Not open for further replies.