• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train Driver talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1991

Hi Guys,

First post on this forum/thread, but have been following it for a long time.

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who was able to provide advice and insight into the assessment centres and interviews. Im happy to say that I had my DMI yesterday afternoon, and received an email this morning to say that I had been successful and I am now in the talent pool for HEX.

The hard work and long evenings revising has paid off but now the wait begins. Fingers crossed aye!

Thank you again!
Dan

Well done Dan. I'm in HEX talent pool as well. Did they say anything about upcoming courses that they're trying to fill?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DJB

They didn’t specifically mention any upcoming courses. I forgot to ask at the end as well annoyingly!

Liam00086

I’m in the pool :) :) thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way this had been a long process, now the wait for that call

Stigy

Established Member
I’m in the pool :) :) thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way this had been a long process, now the wait for that call
Well done mate, really pleased for you. Hope your wait is a short one like mine was! Keep us updated!

Congratulations

Thanks!

Oddly I've just noticed that the application no longer reads 'Talent Pool' or whatever it was, but is now 'Trainee Train Driver (HEX)' which I'm guessing is Heathrow Express. Has anyone else that applied for Paddington had the same happen?

The email I've received today does say talent pool though. Odd

Nonuts

The vacancy number and link I used for Central stations now comes up as BTM now so they can change I'm assuming

Ebee

Thanks!

Oddly I've just noticed that the application no longer reads 'Talent Pool' or whatever it was, but is now 'Trainee Train Driver (HEX)' which I'm guessing is Heathrow Express. Has anyone else that applied for Paddington had the same happen?

The email I've received today does say talent pool though. Odd
Mine did that. When I passed my DMI it changed to an actual vacancy instead of talent pool. I start in October :D:D:D

Stigy

Established Member
Mine did that. When I passed my DMI it changed to an actual vacancy instead of talent pool. I start in October :D:D:D
Mine stayed as “talent pool” right up to starting in terms of all email correspondence :E

Congratulations and how many questions did they ask u for your mmi?? And do u remember any of them? Also do u find out at the assessment wether you’ve passed or not? Or by email?

Thank you.

I was asked 6 questions which is the same for everyone I believe. I can't remember the exact wording of the questions but they included describe a time when 'you've done similar role to a train driver', 'have had to work hard to achieve something', 'had to follow rules and procedures' and so on. I got told at the end of the interview that I had passed which was followed up by an email, but I think it varies by TOC.

Surburban

Congrats to everyone passing the first psychometric assessments and interviews. I start my course in October!

Jack1984

Hello all, long time lurker and first time poster. I've got my DMI next week can anyone shed any light on the type of questions I might get asked. I managed to find some really great examples on here for my MMI but have struggled for the DMi questions. Any help/guidance will be greatly recieved!

Status
Not open for further replies.