• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train Driver talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qas

Hi all passed my online assessments back in Nov 2018, second assessments booked for 21st October, any advice on what to expect would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
All new entrants at Pad will now go through HeX, and then progress from HeX to GWR mainline.

PaulBusDriver

Just had an email from GWR following my DMI interview, im pleased to hear that I'm in the talent pool for Gloucester. Slightly worryingly the email states people will be placed in order of performance at interview, so I could have quite a wait.
Congratulations to everyone who made it.

387star

On Moderation
Just had an email from GWR following my DMI interview, im pleased to hear that I'm in the talent pool for Gloucester. Slightly worryingly the email states people will be placed in order of performance at interview, so I could have quite a wait.
Great

Liam00086

Congratulations mate. That email is a generic email so I wouldn’t worry too much about that :)

rob wright

or you could be top of the list

Tommy222256

Hah I felt a bit nervous and didn't deliver the polished interview I had imagined I would so I'm more likely going to have a long wait!
I thought exactly the same and four months later I have a course date so don’t think to much into it!

800 Driver

Want to tell that to the Driver Workforce Planners then?
There is no PT&R agreement from HEX to GWR, the unions rejected it because the company wanted to backfill GWR vacancies through HEX, which would've undercut the GWR wide pay harmonisation deal

Busandrail

After a REALLY long time, this evening I finally got THE CALL! ringing back Monday to confirm course date and medical.

Eggs&Bacon

After a REALLY long time, this evening I finally got THE CALL! ringing back Monday to confirm course date and medical.

For some reason, I seem to remember a post saying it’s been over a year for you.? There’s hope for me still then. 6 & half months and counting for me so far. CONGRATS to you.!

Busandrail

Great news. Congratulations. Must be a huge relief after a long wait.

Will relax once medical is booked and course date set. HR woman said she will call tomorrow so fingers crossed.

I had sort of given up hope and just agreed on a new position in my current job which is due to start in a few weeks but this trumps that by far.

Looking forward to it

Thanks guys

Tommy222256

I think it’s been said on here before but how soon do you get medical results or is it on the same day you get told?!

Liam00086

I think it’s been said on here before but how soon do you get medical results or is it on the same day you get told?!
From what I have read on here, other than the Drug/alcohol test you will know if you are good or not, then you will receive your formal offer a few weeks later.

Stigy

Established Member
From what I have read on here, other than the Drug/alcohol test you will know if you are good or not, then you will receive your formal offer a few weeks later.
You will indeed know on the day pending D&A test results. You won’t be told you have passed the D&A test, but will simply receive a formal offer. You’ll only be informed if there’s an issue, which I’m sure there won’t be.

Status
Not open for further replies.