• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train Driver talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jaytrains

Ahhhhh im delighted to say that i passed my second stage and just waiting on my DMI now!!!!!

Jaytrains

Thanks liam

How long is the wait until the dmi?
Roughly?
And is it like a two/three weeks notice?

Liam00086

Thanks liam

How long is the wait until the dmi?
Roughly?
And is it like a two/three weeks notice?
It varies, I found out I passed my MMI on 30th May and had email to book DMI on the 19th July, the first date available was the 29th July which I took lol

Daydr3am3r

Well, had my medical yesterday. Nearly all good but the ecg showed a Right axis deviation so the scan has to be viewed by a cardiologist and if they say it's ok I get the golden F1 (opposed to the temp unfit I'm on atm). May also be referred for further tests! Bit of a kick in the preverbials at the very last!

Don’t worry yourself too much mate. I had the same, and within two days the Cardiologist has replied stating that everything was ok.

Dtrucker

Nope, I rung because I go on holiday for two weeks as didn’t want to miss anything but not got a reply yet!
Hope everyone hears soon. I’m trying to get a rough idea how long it is till they let you know as I want to hand my notice in on my current role and have a month or 2 off till starting in January if everything goes well

Surburban

On the October 14th course, but still have yet to receive any joining instructions. Should I ring them up on Monday?

Stigy

Established Member
On the October 14th course, but still have yet to receive any joining instructions. Should I ring them up on Monday?
I received my JIs 14 days before and schedule 10 days before I believe? I seem to recall them saying not to expect them before these dates?

Jaytrains

Does GWR make sure that everyone on the training course passes their training? Or is it every man for themselves ? Lol

Stigy

Established Member
Does GWR make sure that everyone on the training course passes their training? Or is it every man for themselves ? Lol
Every man/woman/gender neutral for themselves ;)

They’ll do their best to help you if your attitude is right of course (I’d expect nothing less as they’re investing a lot of money in you), but ultimately people can fail at certain stages/assessments and have done I’m sure. It is quite a scary prospect :E:{

Everyone helps each other too of course.

Last edited:

Jaytrains

Every man/woman/gender neutral for themselves ;)

They’ll do their best to help you if your attitude is right of course (I’d expect nothing less as they’re investing a lot of money in you), but ultimately people can fail at certain stages/assessments and have done I’m sure. It is quite a scary prospect :E:{

Everyone helps each other too of course.

Lool that sounds not too bad i guess

Nonuts

Don’t worry yourself too much mate. I had the same, and within two days the Cardiologist has replied stating that everything was ok.

Rang today and told Cardiologist said all good! I can, finally, look forward to training.

Surburban

Received my joining instructions for the October 14th course! Check your email for anyone on that course!

Ebee

Also received joining instructions. Still awaiting the training schedule. But did get a follow up email this morning for the corporate introduction.

Danny_H22

Just received my invite to the DMI. There was an available date next week but that doesn’t give me enough time to get the day off work so I’ve booked the 22nd.

Nonuts

Thanks guys. Does anyone know roughly how many roles they are employing for?

It's difficult to say. When I had my DMI I was told there wasn't a set number to fill, if I passed the interview and they felt I'd be a good fit with the depot, I'd be put in the talent pool.

Jaytrains

Just received my invite to the DMI. There was an available date next week but that doesn’t give me enough time to get the day off work so I’ve booked the 22nd.

That’s good news, i’m still waiting for my dmi and is the dmi at one of the depots that u applied for?

Danny_H22

That’s good news, i’m still waiting for my dmi and is the dmi at one of the depots that u applied for?

I applied for Plymouth and one of the interviews was at a hotel here, but I couldn’t make that one. My interview is in Newton Abbot

Status
Not open for further replies.