• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train manager recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicbetyy

Oh Wow that was quick!

Maybe I should send them an email? Don’t really want to been seen as too pushy though.

Good luck with the result, fingers crossed!
It looks like they assess there regularly in blocks . It might be worth emailing to chase - check your junk folder too as mine went in there !!
Cheers x

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nicbetyy

It looks like they assess there regularly in blocks . It might be worth emailing to chase - check your junk folder too as mine went in there !!
Cheers x
Ps you too ! Got fingers crossed for you . Which one did you apply for ?

Railair4321

Ps you too ! Got fingers crossed for you . Which one did you apply for ?

Checked junk but nothing!

I actually emailed after my initial application as it had been a long time, and then a few days later got an invite to stage 1, so maybe I’m getting stuck in the system some how?!

I applied for Paddington, how about yourself?

rob wright

Hi all!

To anyone who has been through the recruitment process before, How long did it take for you to hear back about the Stage 2 Interview/Assessment, following the successful outcome of the stage 1 tests?

I was successful at stage 1 on 1st August, and got the result while I was still on the train home from the assessment! But I’ve heard absolutely nothing since! :(
I did stage 1 in October 18 did my stage 2 in july just so it can be short or long.

Railair4321

Cardiff .

Wow that’s a big gap ! I’m hoping I find out next week .

Maybe that’s the difference, Perhaps they’re inundated with applicants for Paddington, and not as much for Cardiff? Although I’d imagine it’d be a popular position wherever really?

Nicbetyy

Maybe that’s the difference, Perhaps they’re inundated with applicants for Paddington, and not as much for Cardiff? Although I’d imagine it’d be a popular position wherever really?
Did you have to go to Swindon for stage 1?

rob wright

yes was a big gap I think they started the recruitment then put it on hold as more needy positions were sorted.

I understand that was exceptional but I don't think a few weeks is unusual

Nicbetyy

I got a call this morning to say I’m going to be offered position but in talent pool so wait could be up to 9 months .

TM Hopeful

I got a call this morning to say I’m going to be offered position but in talent pool so wait could be up to 9 months .
Does the talent pool expire if you don’t get a course in that time does anyone know? I’ve got my stage two assessment coming up and have been in my current job for a LONG time. At some point in the next six months I’m hoping that a Voluntary Redundancy offer will come my way, if everyone that’s successful for TM positions are getting talent pooled then that could very much work in my favour should I be successful at stage two, however I’d be wary of leaving my current job even with a decent VR payment, should there be a chance that the TM talent pool could expire without a course offer!
Any advice in reference to this much appreciated!

Nicbetyy

Does the talent pool expire if you don’t get a course in that time does anyone know? I’ve got my stage two assessment coming up and have been in my current job for a LONG time. At some point in the next six months I’m hoping that a Voluntary Redundancy offer will come my way, if everyone that’s successful for TM positions are getting talent pooled then that could very much work in my favour should I be successful at stage two, however I’d be wary of leaving my current job even with a decent VR payment, should there be a chance that the TM talent pool could expire without a course offer!
Any advice in reference to this much appreciated!
I’m hoping I get email confirmation later . I’ve been made redundant recently so hoping I get a start date soon as this is a job I would love to do

TM Hopeful

I’m hoping I get email confirmation later . I’ve been made redundant recently so hoping I get a start date soon as this is a job I would love to do
Ah ok, sorry to hear that and congrats on making the grade by the way! Can you post once you’ve got the email confirmation if anything is mentioned re any expiry of the pool? That will definitely be a deciding factor for me as to whether I’d leave my current job on voluntary redundancy without a course date if I’m successful at stage 2.
Thanks!

Mabs

I have an Assessment with SWR for the train guard position on the 4th of September in Southampton and Assessment for the Train manager position with GWR on the 10th of September in Swindon.

I had the Assessment for the rail operator position with SWR last week in Southampton.

There was 20 people that turned up for the Assessment and only 4 of us passed in the end. It was done in stages and you were told to go and wait in the waiting room once each test stage was completed.

They called those that failed the tests out of the room and told them the bad news. Those that remained in the room ended up passing.

rob wright

the gwr assessment works slightly differently. so you can accept the train operator job or it was a first stage? is the tm position stage 1 or 2?

Nicbetyy

I have an Assessment with SWR for the train guard position on the 4th of September in Southampton and Assessment for the Train manager position with GWR on the 10th of September in Swindon.

I had the Assessment for the rail operator position with SWR last week in Southampton.

There was 20 people that turned up for the Assessment and only 4 of us passed in the end. It was done in stages and you were told to go and wait in the waiting room once each test stage was completed.

They called those that failed the tests out of the room and told them the bad news. Those that remained in the room ended up passing.

For stage 2 there were 6 of us in room . 5 internal and me external . After group exercise sent for tea and coffee ... I got called first on for feedback and told I was the only one being taken in for competency interview .

Good luck !!

Mabs

the gwr assessment works slightly differently. so you can accept the train operator job or it was a first stage? is the tm position stage 1 or 2?

Only for the rail operator I am now on the Interview stage and the rest I will be completing stage 1.

G30RG3

Hi and well done on passing. I'm in a similar position - currently waiting for a GWR TM start date. Had the call and was told 3-9 months for an "on hold" position. Not sure what this means exactly so if anyone has any steer would be helpful!
No confirmation email either so I'm hoping these type of positions don't expire.

TM Hopeful

Hi and well done on passing. I'm in a similar position - currently waiting for a GWR TM start date. Had the call and was told 3-9 months for an "on hold" position. Not sure what this means exactly so if anyone has any steer would be helpful!
No confirmation email either so I'm hoping these type of positions don't expire.
Where was your position based? I think it seems to be varying on this at the moment, I applied for Paddington, heard back the day after my stage 2 assessment and was booked straight in for a medical and told subject to passing this hopefully starting training the end of January.

Nicbetyy

I was told the same . I’m
Hoping with the new timetable and more trains that we will start sooner rather than later !

G30RG3

Where was your position based? I think it seems to be varying on this at the moment, I applied for Paddington, heard back the day after my stage 2 assessment and was booked straight in for a medical and told subject to passing this hopefully starting training the end of January.

So it's a Plymouth based role. It's seems like the way GWR are notifying applicants varies from one depot to another. Its hard not to speculate when your looking forward to a new job; I just hope the offer doesn't expire or get missed somewhere down the line. We'll just have to wait and see!

G30RG3

I was told the same . I’m
Hoping with the new timetable and more trains that we will start sooner rather than later !
Absolutely, a new start in the new year would be work well! What depot have you applied for? Best of luck

Joel466

Hi all!

To anyone who has been through the recruitment process before, How long did it take for you to hear back about the Stage 2 Interview/Assessment, following the successful outcome of the stage 1 tests?

I was successful at stage 1 on 1st August, and got the result while I was still on the train home from the assessment! But I’ve heard absolutely nothing since! :(

I was on August the 1st as well and haven’t heard anything back yet, and got a positive result - did you go to the am or pm assessment?

Status
Not open for further replies.