• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Train manager recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicbetyy

Ah that makes sense, thanks. So my best bet is just revising the material as much as I can. And thanks for the clothing tip, I may go for a suit instead of the smart white shirt and trousers I originally had in mind.

Also if you don’t mind me asking, you say you’re in the talent pool after successfully getting through the assessments (congrats on that btw!) so what does that mean exactly? Do you have the TM job or are you waiting for a position to open up for you? My first time applying for a role like this so it’s all quite new!
Echo what TM said .. also just focus on your paper don’t look how fast / slow others are working
Ha- it’s a good question re talent pool . I was told I was successful and will get a role but could be up to 9 months ... so it’s a waiting game . I’m Cardiff so there’s less opportunity .
I’ve been in banking for 20 years so no Industry experience but I’ve got a similar skill set . good luck

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gavlaar

Also @TM Hopeful I just realised you actually got the TM job! That’s fantastic. I’ve noticed a few people have said they got the TM job (that too for Paddington) so does that mean there are quite a few openings? Did they mention anything about spaces to you, such as how many people they’re looking for?

Also is your background in the Rail? Mine is not, but I’m hoping it won’t be a disadvantage as I’ve got 8 years of customer service experience.

I asked about this when they offered me the job.....at Paddington they seem to need new TM's soon as possible for the new timetable coming up, I think they need 12....other depots seem to be less urgent and are using a talent pool?
I am currently working with another TOC, but previously had 27 years airline experience....It's customer service and personality they are looking for. Good luck!

B93

I did my assessment in mid-October and it’s been about 3 weeks. The last update I got was finding out I’d passed the first assessment on the day I took it, and a message about being contacted about the next stage if I was “shortlisted”.

I’ve not received any updates for the past 3 weeks - should I keep waiting or drop an email? Anyone else found out how far they’ve gotten?

Thanks!

Supertrains19

I waited 6 months from my stage 1 to stage 2 and now on a waiting list, that’s how my congratulations email to say I succeeded was worded, not talent pool but waiting list so not sure if the others in talent pools is the same as my waiting list but expect a position to become available in Feb 20. I’m in no rush as I love the job I do now on the railway but just glad the process is over as it is intense at times.

mb76

I did my assessment in mid-October and it’s been about 3 weeks. The last update I got was finding out I’d passed the first assessment on the day I took it, and a message about being contacted about the next stage if I was “shortlisted”.

I’ve not received any updates for the past 3 weeks - should I keep waiting or drop an email? Anyone else found out how far they’ve gotten?

Thanks!
I've just sent an email to chase up what is going on, my assessment was 9th October and other than the same email I have heard nothing.
It's all bit frustrating not knowing

mb76

Had an email back today, still no further forward:

As outlined in the email below, you were successful with the stage 1 assessment, your application is currently at the shortlisting stage, you will be advised of an update in due course.

So looks like just sit and wait

rob wright

Took me 14 months from applying to starting and about 6 between stages 1 and 2 so it can take a while

Mister N

Afternoon all I see there has been no recent comments on this thread just wondering what stage previous contributors to the thread are at now? Any of you got courses or what stage are you at now.

Cheers
N

G30RG3

Congratulations! I'm in the same situation, on hold, for Plymouth. Did you had any updates since ?
Well done on passing, not an easy process by far!

Appears we are in the same boat.

I have only heard that Driver recruitment is being prioritised into 2020 and that recruitment don't have any time frames yet (this was in December and on a reply from the guards recruitment team).

If I here anything I will let you know.

B93

Afternoon all I see there has been no recent comments on this thread just wondering what stage previous contributors to the thread are at now? Any of you got courses or what stage are you at now.

Cheers
N

look at how things have suddenly changed thanks to Covid! It’s surreal.

I did the face to face interview in October. Didn’t hear from them until recently in June where they emailed asking if I was still interested in staying in the recruitment process. I said yes and they haven’t gotten back to me again so it’s just a waiting game I guess. All a bit strange!

Nicbetyy

look at how things have suddenly changed thanks to Covid! It’s surreal.

I did the face to face interview in October. Didn’t hear from them until recently in June where they emailed asking if I was still interested in staying in the recruitment process. I said yes and they haven’t gotten back to me again so it’s just a waiting game I guess. All a bit strange!

it’s nearly a year and I’m still waiting . I emailed about a month back and they said there was no update . I have no idea how long im eligible to be in the talent pool . With covid I really don’t know how it will pan out .

paulwestwood

it’s nearly a year and I’m still waiting . I emailed about a month back and they said there was no update . I have no idea how long im eligible to be in the talent pool . With covid I really don’t know how it will pan out .

Please be patient, with regard to getting start dates the company are trying to sort out revised training due to limits on class size and availability of classrooms and instructors. As we have plenty of trainees who had previously started training and then got put on hold due the ongoing lockdown (there is only so much distant learning you can do) and now with social distancing training practices have to be risk assessed and re thought out before being signed off. So current trainees are taking a lot longer to complete courses, before they can consider bringing in even more trainees. We’re still also on amended diagrams so with that and having trainees with us is a real pain to plan at the moment. Hope this helps although not much comfort for you all currently in limbo.

Nicbetyy

hi ,

totally get the restrictions. I think it’s just the limited communication and unknown what’s happening. I turned down two permanent roles and have been taking contract jobs as i really want this role.
thanks for the update !
Nic

Please be patient, with regard to getting start dates the company are trying to sort out revised training due to limits on class size and availability of classrooms and instructors. As we have plenty of trainees who had previously started training and then got put on hold due the ongoing lockdown (there is only so much distant learning you can do) and now with social distancing training practices have to be risk assessed and re thought out before being signed off. So current trainees are taking a lot longer to complete courses, before they can consider bringing in even more trainees. We’re still also on amended diagrams so with that and having trainees with us is a real pain to plan at the moment. Hope this helps although not much comfort for you all currently in limbo.

Supertrains19

Apparently there is a block for external people to start due to covid as a result some jobs are being advertised internally to allow them to fill them, hopefully when the block is lifted we can get the opportunity to start.

Nicbetyy

Apparently there is a block for external people to start due to covid as a result some jobs are being advertised internally to allow them to fill them, hopefully when the block is lifted we can get the opportunity to start.
Interesting !
It’s been nearly a year and I’ve not had any communication other than when I email every 2-3 months .... have you ?

Supertrains19

No I went straight to the manager to ask, hopefully when the recruitment block is lifted we will get the next opportunity, just a bit of bad timing due to Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.