• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Trainee Drivers Required 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willum

What Stigy said everytime. It is part of a job interview after all.

How did you get on mate?

I got a call back from the OPC the other day. It was just the very last question that I didn’t do well enough on. I think I knew I could do better on it than I did, so although frustrating it has given me confidence in that I think I can pass all next time.
I’m going to try and get into the company first though and have recently passed assessment one for conductor. It’s better than what I’m currently doing to be honest and will only help going forward.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daydr3am3r

Quoted your wrong post lol

I knew what you meant ha ha!

I felt the DMI went quite well, the panel were very nice and couldn’t have done anymore to put me at ease to be fair. There were more questions than I expected.

That sounds a good idea to get your foot in the door with GWR. They will definitely open up recruitment for internals a lot quicker than for externals again. It gives you time now to perfect your answers for your next shot, which you’ll smash!!

Willum

I knew what you meant ha ha!

I felt the DMI went quite well, the panel were very nice and couldn’t have done anymore to put me at ease to be fair. There were more questions than I expected.

That sounds a good idea to get your foot in the door with GWR. They will definitely open up recruitment for internals a lot quicker than for externals again. It gives you time now to perfect your answers for your next shot, which you’ll smash!!

Nice one. I think you’ll get a spot to be honest. Just noticed Trainee Driver listed in vacancies for Plymouth.
I think it would help with the DMI too being internal. Fingers crossed.

Busandrail

I applied for driver talent pool (GWR) in December 18 and haven’t heard anything since, anybody else heard anything from then or is it way to soon.

Applied for Penzance in September 17, passed MMI May 22 2018 and still waiting. Heard lots and lots of unofficial murmors.

Daydr3am3r

Applied for Penzance in September 17, passed MMI May 22 2018 and still waiting. Heard lots and lots of unofficial murmors.

That’s a bit of a painful wait. I was told at my DMI that they prioritise the top scoring candidates at interview. Still seems a very long time to be waiting. Have you spoken to the resourcing team?

Danny_H22

Hi guys. How long did you wait between completing the alphanumerical test and hearing about the next stage?

Longggday

Hi guys. How long did you wait between completing the alphanumerical test and hearing about the next stage?
Hi Danny_H22,

I waited around 5 months before I had an email Inviting me to the first stage.

All together up to completing my DMI was 17 months.

DEvans

A talent pool for the Westbury role. I’m finding the route and start/end points challenging. The route too. WCML to branch etc

Busandrail

That’s a bit of a painful wait. I was told at my DMI that they prioritise the top scoring candidates at interview. Still seems a very long time to be waiting. Have you spoken to the resourcing team?

Many many times. Today infact I spoke to them and was told there is a huge backlog and just sit tight.

DEvans

Does anyone know the specifics regarding driver training? I’m not able to source the answer.

DEvans

In regards to the location of the training? Time periods? Hours of training? (265 hours eg)

tiptoptaff

Established Member
In regards to the location of the training? Time periods? Hours of training? (265 hours eg)
Time periods: Course dependant
Hours of training: How long is a piece of string. As many hours as you need, to a point.

All of this information will be given to you, course and person specific, if you get a formal offer after the medical.

Status
Not open for further replies.