• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy54.gen

It seems my MSN account has been hacked for the past hour nothing that anyone has said via my MSN is me talking. I am talking to Hotmail to resolve this.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Was the secret answer to your password hint guessable? If not, your password itself must have been compromised.

Dave A

I was going to ask what that very disgusting comment was in your display name! <( :shock:

Gareth Hale

I was on MSN, and there was this huge convo started by Joy, which I presume was been hacked at the time and they were like, hey ba*ty boys and stuff and talking about weed.

Julian G

Established Member
When I saw that MSN name
I was quite confused and I asked Yorkie what was it all about
Yorkie told me the account was hacked

Ben

I Assumed it had been Cracked,

I Will Add Your New ID?

Want me to delete the Old one?

AlexS

Established Member
Of course, Sherlock AlexS knew straight away and was even good enough to stop the conversation ;) Not to mention I have had enough experience of reeally stoned people to know that whoever that was, they just liked Caps Lock.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
haha it got to the point where I shouted "F**K OFF" and left the convo, seemed to work oddly :?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
He was 'hacked' again. They knew the secret answer to his password hint question. It's shocking how many people are 'hacked' that way.

Anyway the secret answer has been changed so it shouldn't happen again. The purpetrator has apologised.

Tom B

Established Member
A reminder for everyone:

For everyone's attention, DO use a secure password, DON'T use just a word, use numbers and capitals too. Preferably you should have a pseudo-random combination of ASCII characters, but some people will forget them. And for those services which use a "reminder question", choose one only you will know. Also change your password frequently.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Good point. I think I need to go on a password changing spree myself. Used the same ones for too long.

As for using ASCII in a password: :shock: : Not for me that.

Sorry to hear you were hacked joy54.gen. I had the same problem once, if a hacker was again to try my secret question, I think he'd struggle to get my answer! If they do, I know I'll want to carry out my threat!

Coxster

Established Member
The answer to my secret question is not workoutable in most cases, i.e.:

Q: Your favourite food?
A: Brick

Why? I keep my passwords in a notebook ;)

Dennis

Established Member
Coxster said:
The answer to my secret question is not workoutable in most cases, i.e.:

Q: Your favourite food?
A: Brick

Why? I keep my passwords in a notebook ;)

You eat brick?? What sort of brick do you prefer, standard red ones or engineers blue bricks? Do you eat whole ones or mashed uo with gravy to soften them up a bit?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Can everyone STOP f*****g swearing <( ;)

Dave A

Oh, I use the same passwords all the time, some of my favourites are:

Removed bad words - Mojo
g3t b3nt
can't touch this :P ;) :D

T

Tom

[modnotice]Any more slanderous language in this topic will result in a topic lock and a warning being issued to those who continue the bad language.

Nick W

Established Member
Dennis said:
Excuse my ignorance but what the f*ck is ****?

**** - Phonological Hiberno-English corruption of feic, a conjugation of the Irish Gaelic verb to see or to witness; often used in the imperative mood as "Féach!" (pronounced /f?e?x/), meaning "Look!"

Irish Gaelic for look in other words..

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Any more slanderous language in this topic will result in a topic lock and a warning being issued to those who continue the bad language.

Show some example to the younger generation ;)

Dave A

tubechallenger said:
Any more slanderous language in this topic will result in a topic lock and a warning being issued to those who continue the bad language.

Calm down dear...

Guinness

Established Member
David (londontube) said:
tubechallenger said:

Calm down dear...

... it's only a topic.

Dave A

RailUK save you from making slanderous comments. Give them a ring now to find out how much you can save! :P ;)

Ben

David (londontube) said:
RailUK save you from making slanderous comments. Give them a ring now to find out how much you be can saved! :P ;)

Edited for Accuracy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.