• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Halifax station - platform is too short announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobblebob

I regularly travel from Leeds - Halifax that goes via Bradford. They always tend to be the new Northern trains and always 3 carriages max. As we approach Halifax station the automated announcement always says something along the lines of "please be aware the platform is too short at Halifax to open all the train doors..."

For anyone that doesnt know the station, the platform is quite long and can easily accommodate the full train. And when ive got off you can see all the doors open. So why have this announcement?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam0984

It's a software glitch, this problem, the problem where going towards Halifax it gets confused and misses Bradford Int and getting lost south of Sheffield towards Notts and North of Alfreton going north, are all in the process of been rectified with an update

sheff1

Established Member
Is the short platform announcement for Wigan NW being rectified as well ? Caused a bit of a panic on the train I was on the other day.

geoffk

Established Member
I've heard this at Hebden Bridge as well. Another glitch is the on-screen arrow indicating on which side the platform will be. It's always wrong at Rochdale when approaching from Manchester then corrects itself before we stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.