• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Halifax to Leeds now with 'via Bradford' restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So people from Halifax can do a round trip (with a workaround)... but people from Leeds can't.

This is sadly typical of some individuals in the rail industry trying to restrict the rights and options available to rail passengers.

The shortest route from Cottingley to Halifax is via Brighouse, by the way.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
The lack of an any permitted is what stands out about this, especially as travel from Cottingley (first station out of Leeds towards Dewsbury) to Halifax has the same fare via both Leeds and Brighouse!
There are a few interesting things about this train. For instance, it has been provided even though it doesn't (from what I can tell) fulfil any of Northern's franchise commitments. It does fill a gap in the service from Leeds to Mirfield, but I don't think that's enough.
So people from Halifax can do a round trip (with a workaround)... but people from Leeds can't.
The workaround does involve catching a train (such as the one in this thread) which stops at a station these people don't need to visit. People from Leeds would need to find a different workaround, perhaps one with different compromises.

TUC

Established Member
I've noticed that for several weeks sites such as RSH are showing 'no fares available' if you search for Halifax to Leeds' (and not with any via points added). Clearly a glitch, but I wonder if it's an accidental programming consequnce of 'via Bradford' being added?

kieron

Established Member
WebTIS has a list of "pretty" names for each ticket route. They've missed out a newly created fare route before, so it seems as though (a) they prefer to hide tickets rather than (say) use ATOC's names for them, and (b) they don't have anyone to check the fare file every 4 months.

If you contact them about it, they should be able to fix it pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.