• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hallo Bobby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

A little one for you LUL fans. You are the driver and you come to an approach controlled junction signal. You slow down to the required speed to make it clear. The signals does change but you see both red and green aspects alight and also the junction indicator [arbour lights/feathers] Obviously you stop. You secure your train and then get in touch with the signalman. What happens then?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tomnick

Established Member
I suppose that means that the tripcock hasn't dropped?

First question to ask, is where the music to go with this rather impressive show of lights is. Then, I suspect, you'd ask for permission to pass the signal at "danger" (which it must be treated as, showing two aspects at once?), and then follow the usual procedure for passing a signal at danger?

T

Tom

The reason for both - the green signal is issued but the tripcock hasn't dropped, the feed to the green is on, but the tripcock hasn't dropped sufficiently.

If its an auto signal, you apply the rule. If its a semi or controlled you call up the signaller, scotch the points I'd presume, and then pass at danger.

H

HR2

tubechallenger said:
If its an auto signal, you apply the rule. If its a semi or controlled you call up the signaller, scotch the points I'd presume, and then pass at danger.

Ah now come on TC wakey wakey!! How can a signal in front of a set of points with route indicator be an Auto??

Anyway you are basically right. The route must be secured for the branch you are taking and once that is done you apply the rule on the instruction of the Bobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.