• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Halton Transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesarcollie

they will just have been saving a bus company in the area. They wont be starting from scratch. Thats an opportunity missed

But why would the Combined Authority want to rake on an operation losing £620,000 pa, with need for heavy fleet investment, and not even in their area?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazmark

All talk could have bought it and used it as an example. Laws are just guidelines. Politicians need to look at the reality.
Is this the same Steve Rotheram, who a few years ago wanted to remove all bus lanes from Liverpool to speed up car access to the City Centre?

carlberry

Established Member
Is this the same Steve Rotheram, who a few years ago wanted to remove all bus lanes from Liverpool to speed up car access to the City Centre?
I thought that was the mayor and that he had scrapped them all as that's the best way of getting rid of congestion and pollution!:rolleyes:

Bevan Price

Established Member
MyTicket may have made an extreme financial position worse but there are other factors which lead to the downfall of Avon and Halton. They were both basketcases for a number of years previously which in the case of Halton, was probably kept going more for civic pride.

I understand that operators were effectively pressurised into accepting the "My Ticket" scheme, because if they opted out, they would not be allowed to participate in other Merseytravel schemes, e.g. Saveaway tickets. And almost all operators probably think that they get too little payments for concessionary travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.