• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hamilton to Crewe Spotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

millarat

Looking for ideas. I am taking my train enthusiast son on a wee trip trying to give him some spotting at good stations. Im going to start in Hamilton then head to Edinburgh, next would be trip down east coast main line eventually reaching Crewe for over night. I am looking for good stops on this route that would give him some great pics and comfy seats that I can sit while he does his thing lol. On the return journey im just planning on heading back up the WCML.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSP 2

Newcastle, for the views of the bridges. Then York as has been mentioned. you could then go to Doncaster lots of traffic. Doncaster to Sheffield no fast stuff but lots of moves. On to Manchester Pic. lots of moves but no high speed. You would then want to go to Crewe, on the way you will pass Jodrell Bank radio telescope. Then over night at Crewe.
On the way back, I'd say Preston because I find it a nice station and lots to see. You could also do Lancaster nice station but it can be very quiet. Carlisle well worth a stop, a good bar/café on the station. Then back to Glasgow Central for a brake before you make your way back to Edinburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.