• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hannover Airport to Wernigerode

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestRiding

In December we will fly to Hannover and then need to get the train to Wernigerode probably via Goslar? I was wondering if there is any sort of Group Ticket that could cover the journey for upto 4 people, or is this not possible? Something along the lines of the Bayern ticket, though obviously not the Bayern one. Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Groningen

Established Member
Niedersachsen Ticket for 4 persons is 35 euro; 2 surcharge if not bought at the machine. Problem is that Wenigerode is not Niedersachsen. Than it becomes a SWT for 52 euro on Saturday or Sunday. Quer-durchs-Land-Ticket is Monday to Friday after 9 hours and is 68 euro. A single ticket is 30 euro for 1 person from Hannover Flughafen to Wernigerode.

bradford758

I probably use the Niedersachsen ticket to Goslar, then singles for the next leg.

Sent from my 4009X using Tapatalk

Veteran Member
I probably use the Niedersachsen ticket to Goslar, then singles for the next leg.

From Vienenburg, the last station in Niedersachsen, it's EUR6.20 each according to DB. So it's SWT at weekends but split tickets in the week.

WestRiding

Thanks. We actually get there on Thursday so the Quer-durchs-Land ticket would do it giving quite a reduction. Can this be bought in advance on line?

I had worried that no group ticket was possible due to the end location being in a different region. Thanks for your help so far.

bradford758

From Vienenburg, the last station in Niedersachsen, it's EUR6.20 each according to DB. So it's SWT at weekends but split tickets in the week.
Ah, I remember Vienenburg is the border station, so I got a ticket at an earlier DB machine.
Tickets are available from the DB site.
Note only the German version shows the extent of the regional tickets.

WestRiding

Can the Quer-durchs-Land ticket be used in that area on the trains not directly operated by DB, for example HEX?

oldman

I expect he does mean HEX who operate in the Harz region. The QDL ticket is valid including the Berlin express.

HKX are an open-access type operation between Koln and Hamburg. From 1.9.2016 HKX will not accept DB tickets on their four round trips per week.

WestRiding

thanks for that gents. Yes I did mean HEX just to confirm, I only noticed them last time I was at Quedlinburg

bradford758

Probably similar to the South Yorkshire Day Ranger that's valid on all operators except Grand Central and Hull Trains.

Also the Harzer Schmalspurbahnen system has its own fare structure, but you probably know that anyway.

Last edited:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I expect he does mean HEX who operate in the Harz region. The QDL ticket is valid including the Berlin express.

HKX are an open-access type operation between Koln and Hamburg. From 1.9.2016 HKX will not accept DB tickets on their four round trips per week.

Interesting, as it wasn't long ago they joined!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.