• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Happy 40th Birthday : Only Fools And Horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

duncanp

Established Member
Very sad news, a great bloke and I think was touring up to the end.
He was also cast and scripted very well in OFAH.
RIP John

Yes, he had just started a speaking tour, but had to cancel it after the first show "..due to ill health..".

As it turns out, he was suffering from cancer, which he probably knew.

Have to dig out an Only Fools & Horses DVD to watch tonight.

alex397

Established Member
Really sad to hear this. It seems like he went out on a high. He was made an honorary citizen of Serbia earlier this year, as he visited the country to find out why OFAH is so hugely popular in the country. He made a documentary about it which I’d quite like to see.

al78

Established Member
I know some people think OFAH jumped the shark when they made further episodes after they became millionaires, but I quite like the last two of those, Strangers On The Shore and Sleepless in Peckham. The latter particularly because they are in a state of desparation and at the last minute, their deceased uncle Albert rescues them with a generous inheritance, then they go to visit their mother's grave as though the inheritance was a gift from the other side. It also does a good job of simulating the strain that severe/extreme situations inflict on family and relationships.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
There seems to be a fan somewhere locally to me in Epsom - spotted this outside the station this morning...!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1632176176720.png

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There seems to be a fan somewhere locally to me in Epsom - spotted this outside the station this morning...!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

View attachment 102913

Brilliant. :)
There used to be a guy in Exeter that had a Reliant three wheeler van in full Trotters garb (livery?), one day I passed him just after he’d driven into the back of someone at low speed, although it had been a hard enough knock that the windscreen had popped out whole and was sitting on the bonnet. :lol:

Why oh why though, did I not shout “What a Plonker!” at him when I drove past?
They say you should never have regrets but I’ve always regretted that one…

Status
Not open for further replies.