Happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
:sign4: Thanks to everybody for making last year such a great year, but with the sad loss of 37 haulage on a daily basis! Heres to another year of :spam: , meets and other brilliant stuff

Jim - First post of the year for the 2nd year running!, sadly not at 0000 :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Wow! I could see the explosives at the London Eye from here in Catford!

Happy New Year - here's hoping for a thrashtastic 2007!

Daniel

Established Member
Happy New Year. I wish you all all the best. (And yes, that does make sense grammatically ;))

Coxster

Established Member
I'll be old enough to start driving lessons in 9 months - now there's a scary thought for you!

Craig

Established Member
Happy new year everyone.

New year has been cancelled in Newcastle because of the weather. Luckily for me I was too ill to go out (plus I couldn't be arsed anyway) :lol:

Nick

Have a good un everyone!
Should be a good year for me, happy new year everybody!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Happy new year everyone!

What was the best meet of 2006 then? As with 2005, it's a very tough choice, but I guess it has to be one of the trips to Fort William, although I really don't know which one I'd pick.

It has been a very sad year in a way, with the demise of the Rhmney 37s, West Coast 87s, Fort William 37s, etc. But at least we made the most of it, and in many ways it was a good year for rail enthusiasts, with the return of Class 50s on regular schedules services for the first time since the early/mid 1990s.

I think in 2007 I will probably go on more railtours, and maybe more preserved lines. Hopefully it will be just as good as 2006!

Coxster

Established Member
I think in 2007 I will probably go on more railtours, and maybe more preserved lines. Hopefully it will be just as good as 2006!
That's my resolution (if you can call it that!) - to make the most of it. Since the middle of last year I have gone from going on most meets to very few meets!

Galvanize

Happy new year everyone! I've got some resolutions too, try and do more railtours with classic traction and goto more events at preserved lines. NVR event in March sounds good enough for me, 3 class 56s! BRING IT ON!

Ascot

Established Member
Well my start of the New year sums up the rest in style.

Unknown of what happened on the night, woke up in Gemma's bed next to her and Ellie, wide awake. Then not long got home. :D

EDIT: My Resolution will be probably never miss a chance.

Gizmogle

Established Member
What's your Pimp'o'Meter about Mark? You aren't really that much of a pimp...although actually...considering recent events, if you know what I mean Mark ;)...yes, yes you are a pimp.

Ascot

Established Member
What's your Pimp'o'Meter about Mark? You aren't really that much of a pimp...although actually...considering recent events, if you know what I mean Mark ;)...yes, yes you are a pimp.

Haha very funny.:roll:

Nah i had a bet with someone that i would loose track in 2007 so it's a personal reminder. You live and learn, maybe i'll be a good boy this year:king: So far Gemma and Ellie

Ascot

Established Member
That wasn't the recent event I was talking about :p

Oh we have competition now. Your poxy 0 and my 2. Ok your on :angel9: Can't use same person twice, only 1 sex per year and more than get off to count.
<10 is Worthless
20> is Ladies Man
30> is Pimp
50> is Maxed out

Gizmogle

Established Member
Ah cummon though, it's not even been a day! You really think you can get more than 100? I don't. I'm way more of a pimp than you though, seriously.

Guess I'd better start putting my ad back up in telephone boxes... :p (Please don't take that seriously anyone :))

Ascot

Established Member
Ah cummon though, it's not even been a day! You really think you can get more than 100? I don't. I'm way more of a pimp than you though, seriously.

Let's whip the calender out.

January: London[1], Stafford[3], Chesterfield[6]
Febuary: [half term]
March:
April:Fflint[1]
May:Abingdon[depends]
June:Kemble[depends]
July: Fairford[at least 2]
Haven't planned any further.

Hummm knock off a zero then, so 10,20, so on...

Gizmogle

Established Member
You plan sex? Oh dear Mark, oh dear. Hope you get diseased :D
I'm off to Brighton, hahahaha.

Death

Established Member
Happy New Year everyone! <D
Well, I may be about 15 hours late for it, but "better late than never" I guess! 8-)
(Or if BR was still going: "Better never than late!" :toothy10:)

I have a few new years resolutions/aims as well:
  • Restore my Spirit to what it was a couple of years ago.
    (Anyone who knew me in 2002 would know what I'm talking about! <()
  • Untangle my life and get it moving in the right direction.
    (Preferably North along the WCML at 500mph or more! <D)
  • Short term: Get off of my fat a$$ and the D.o.S.S benefits, and get a job - Preferably with a local TOC.
  • Mid term: Pass my driving test (No, my railway one! :grin:) and get a position driving 159s from Waterloo to Exeter in the space of an hour! 8-)
  • Long term: Bring about a revival of the APT - Proving that not only is it faster than a Pendodildo and can take corners quicker, but unlike the Pendodildo (And other Alstom rolling stock that has a nasty habit of falling apart an hour after manufacture!) doesn't require a £20 billion upgrade to the WCML to allow it to run at it's optimum 300mph! <D

Farewell, and happy new year 2007CR! <D
>> Death <<

Status
Not open for further replies.