• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Harcroft Route Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
Bill has been working on some timings for a class 153 route I mentioned a few days ago. Thanks to him, we now have a diagram for the train in my Harcroft route - http://www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk/harcroft.html for more info, and the update download.
Cheers to Bill for putting in his time, and to TSC for making another excellent train!

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dave A

This is great short countryside route, just the way I likes them. Well done Rich :D

devon_metro

Established Member
Great rich, i really like this route :D

Just a shame about the transparency problems i get with it.

Nitro

Having problems with them tunnels too but apart from that great update Rich!

Coxster

Established Member
The tunnel .bmp textures need to be set to a standard BVE texture size. That should solve them. 32, 64, 128, 256.

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
The tunnel .bmp textures need to be set to a standard BVE texture size. That should solve them. 32, 64, 128, 256.

The files are the standard BVE size, AFAIK. I don't get this error though...:???:

The Snap

Established Member
evil_hippo said:
I love the scenery around Mincotes Head and even more it's station.

I tried to capture a scenic countryside station, with traditional old-style buildings/structures etc. ;)

Simon_G

Rich, the transparency problems may be because you've left one or two textures in 24 bit format, which some cards don't like. They include TunEntS.bmp in the Ground folder and the Stagecoach bus textures.

The Snap

Established Member
Simon_G said:
Rich, the transparency problems may be because you've left one or two textures in 24 bit format, which some cards don't like. They include TunEntS.bmp in the Ground folder and the Stagecoach bus textures.

Ah right, what Bitmap format should I save them in? 16 Colour Bitmap, or 256 Colour Bitmap?

Simon_G

Rich said:
Ah right, what Bitmap format should I save them in? 16 Colour Bitmap, or 256 Colour Bitmap?

256 colours is usual for BVE. You should be able to reduce most bitmaps without any noticeable change in the appearance. If your graphics editor doesn't do a good job of colour depth reduction, try IrfanView.

Edit: a possible problem is that reducing the colour depth may slightly alter the colour of transparent areas. If this happens you may need to edit the colour pallette to change the altered colour back to pure blue or whatever (again IrfanView can do this if your usual editor can't).

The Snap

Established Member
Simon_G said:
256 colours is usual for BVE. You should be able to reduce most bitmaps without any noticeable change in the appearance. If your graphics editor doesn't do a good job of colour depth reduction, try IrfanView.

Edit: a possible problem is that reducing the colour depth may slightly alter the colour of transparent areas. If this happens you may need to edit the colour pallette to change the altered colour back to pure blue or whatever (again IrfanView can do this if your usual editor can't).

Cheers Simon, I'll sort that and release a patch! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.