• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hard copy Trainsplit/Raileasy COVID refunds - processing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
Hi

I booked an off-peak return on 4th March for travel 20-22nd April from Trainsplit (£108). Foolishly I collected the tickets the next day before it was clear that I would be unable to travel, meaning an automatic refund was out of the question.

So, on 22nd March I filled in and printed a refund form/barcode and posted the form along with the hard copy tickets (I note they are now accepting photographs of destroyed tickets to process refunds, but this wasn't available at the time)

Does anyone have any recent experience of Raileasy or Trainsplit refunds since the temporary COVID refund arrangements, particularly before photos were being accepted?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wuffle

I had some booked with Trainpal and it took 2 weeks for them to get the returned tickets - sort of signed for - and received my refund about 5 days later
It may well be the retailer you used is busier or the post is taking longer

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
The old refunds system (which you used) is processed by a third party and the refund is credited a month after processing, as per the rules at the time.

The new system, which we put live recently, allows you to submit a photo of the (destroyed) tickets and the refund will be processed directly within a day or two. We weren't allowed to do that until recently, though. If you don't collect your tickets, or use e-tickets, the refund is instant.

I'm sorry you needed to use the old system, but at the time we didn't have the choice of accepting photos.

Royston Vasey

Established Member
The old refunds system (which you used) is processed by a third party and the refund is credited a month after processing, as per the rules at the time.

The new system, which we put live recently, allows you to submit a photo of the (destroyed) tickets and the refund will be processed directly within a day or two. We weren't allowed to do that until recently, though. If you don't collect your tickets, or use e-tickets, the refund is instant.

I'm sorry you needed to use the old system, but at the time we didn't have the choice of accepting photos.
Thanks so much for the information, that is understood and appreciated.

I used the old system March 31 and that explains why I have heard nothing since

Royston Vasey

Established Member

I've now been waiting 45 days since posting my tickets...

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Hi there. I've checked and apparently the third party processor is way behind in processing because of COVID-19 and staff absences, as well as a massive spike in demand. They process for a number of TOCs as well as Raileasy. If you sent the tickets by recorded delivery, can you send the tracking ID and booking reference to [email protected] and they might be able to chase it.

Sorry about that.

I still have not recived my refund and I sent the tickets by Special Delivery and was delivered 2nd April, I will send an email to the address above

Edit:
Just got this reply - not very helpful
If your query relates to a refund due to COVID-19, you will not receive a response as you will now be able to arrange for a refund via the refund form.

Last edited:

erk

I have just received a refund for tickets posted on 24 March. Patience is required!

Royston Vasey

Established Member
I received an email update from Raileasy on May 12th saying the request, posted March 22nd, had been processed. Refund payment to be processed 28 days from that date. I'm not moaning about the timeline at all, as I know volumes will be overwhelming, just adding a data point as I expect many will be wondering like I was. Hope this helps others.

RV

Status
Not open for further replies.