• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Harrogate line issues 19/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
The line between Horsforth and Harrogate seems to be having ‘safety checks’ carried out, rail replacement coaches to/from Horsforth (the coach company must be delighted at the prospect of some business!)

Not quite sure why they don’t just run a full Leeds to Harrogate rail replacement service, would certainly beat hanging around in the rain n Horsforth 20 minutes waiting for the train once the coach had dropped off! (Can’t even go for a quick pint!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
Track defect near Bramhope tunnel, suspected to be caused by subsidence. Should be fixed overnight.

I suspect the reasoning behind running coaches for the Horsforth-Harrogate section only is partly social distancing as it's easier to spread out on a train than a bus (and a proportion of passengers from Leeds will alight by Horsforth), and partly to stop units blocking up platforms at Leeds.

Edit: NR have run a test train and confirmed line will reopen tomorrow for start of service with a speed restriction if required. The last couple of buses are running from Leeds through to Harrogate/York as required tonight

Last edited:

jonesy3001

Established Member
Had to catch the A2 flyer service from Harrogate to pool in wharfedale since the trains got cancelled and seen the coaches go pass as i was waiting for the bus to otley.

johntea

Established Member
Northern's automated delay repay system obviously can't cope with rail replacement services chucked into the mix...just had my perfectly valid claim rejected at 12:51AM :rolleyes:

skyhigh

Established Member
I don't suppose if anybody knows is this defect North or South of Bramhope tunnel ?

I'm just wondering if its around where this new station is to be built!
South - near the site of the new station. Apparently it was caused by works outside the railway though, so I don't think there's any inherent geological issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.