• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Harrogate to York via Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

far

On Saturday (21 January) I hope to goto Harrogate for an evening out. I'll leave York on the 15:11 arriving into Harrogate at 15:44. However, I'm not going to be able to leave until the last train from Harrogate at 22:36 which goes into Leeds at 23:13 then get a TransPennine from Leeds at 23:37 getting into York at 00:03. The NR website suggests a combination of 2 separate tickets for the return leg alone but would I be covered by the standard off-peak ticket? What's the best advice for a walk-on fare - it has to be walk on as I won't know until Saturday itself if I can go.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
York to Leeds Off-Peak Day Return at £13.40 will be fine, breaking outward journey at Harrogate and resuming after the event.

You can get it cheaper but it involves faffing around with excess fares which will save you 85p. Probably easier just to buy the one ticket and have peace of mind.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
To save the 85p you would need to buy an Off-Peak Day Return from York to Leeds Route: Via Harrogate (£11.70) and a change of route excess on the return portion which is half the difference between this ticket and the Route: Any Permitted ticket. You can buy this at the ticket office in York but I imagine you'll prefer to buy the £13.40 York to Leeds Any Permitted Off-Peak Day Return which is a much simpler way to do it.

clagmonster

Established Member
The cheapest way would appear to be:
York - Horsforth, route Harrogate, cheap day return £11.30
Alternate route excess on return portion only to any permitted (£13.40-£11.30)/2=£1.05
Total £12.35

Both the ticket and excess are available from York booking office.

Status
Not open for further replies.