• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Harrow and the Cobbler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
What has happened?
Well the day started as i left the house at 11:30 and walked to west brompton....
Ticket Office was closed, so i brought my zone 1-6 ticket from the machine
well,i crossed over the footbridge and headed down to platform 3...
I made a mistake as i was at West Brompton too early :x
while i was waiting for the 11:49 Silverlink metro to clapham
a southern train turned up two minute and i say to myself
"Well,ok i might get some photos of trains at Clapham"
Well i boarded the 11:39 Southern train to Clapham Junction where i got off at Platform 17,
I walked along the footbridge seeing some slammers and wessexs at the yard.....
then i was supposed to take the 11:58 SWT to Windsor & Eton Riverside, but hey! then i took the 11:55 to Richmond on a 458 :)
well, according to my timings i was too early to be at Richmond......i didn't want to wait long for the 12:29 to Stratford, so instead i took the 12:14 for North Woolich where i got off at Willesden Junction.....
well, i've got off there and headed quickly to Willesden Low Level where unfortunately a Silverlink 508 has left by the time i've got to the platform,d'oh! :x
so i had to wait 35mins for the Bakerloo line to harrow
so,a surprise :)
a class 67 hauling a Hitachi train/serco rail test up the hill!!! ?
well the Bakerloo line train finally came and i boarded the train
hearing Emma saying <D "ThIS IS WILLESDEN JUNCTION, PLEASE MIND THE GAP BETWEEN THE TRAIN AND THE PLATFORM.........THIS IS A BAKERLOO LINE TRAIN TO HARROW & WEALDSTONE"
well in i get at Willesden and off i get at Harrow (obviously!! :P )
well, i then went over the footbridge over to platform 6 where a Pendolino and Simming's Tugs ;) (class 60)has passed
so in came 13:17 Southern service to Brighton,got off at Olympia
and waited there for two hours to see a Voyager <D <D <D
well blah!!blah!! ;)
in came a Silverlink train took me up to Willesden and then i took another Silverlink down to Euston
at this point i was feeling a bit tired
so i went to see the boards and was standing under the digital clock until they asked us to board the train
well, i went to see the DVT with gold buffers
and then managed to catch the 17:17 up to Willesden and 17:38 down to West Brompton
and i got home 17:50 :P
so this is my trip :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

A very interesting read, maybe you could possibly write a few more articles about your photo trips? :)

Julian G

Established Member
yes, that true
i've got Connect it and the SWT finale, and Invasions to come soon!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.