• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hassocks to Farringdon (via London Bridge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudes

Hi,

I am about to buy my next annual season ticket. I travel to London Bridge and Farringdon from Hassocks, so I have been buying a London Terminals ticket. However they told me that farringdon is not a London terminal.

So if i buy a farrringdon ticket can i still get on at london bridge. Its also cheaper than a london bridge ticket.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
My interpretation is that the FARRINGDON NOT UNDERGROUND season (which seems the relevant one) would be fine via LBG or via Elephant.

NSE

Established Member
I believe, tho don’t quote me, Farringdon counts as a London terminus from the North. So from Stevenage, St Albans, Bedford etc, London Terminals covers Farringdon. From the south London Terminals covers City Thameslink I believe.

John @ home

Established Member
I believe, tho don’t quote me, Farringdon counts as a London terminus from the North.
No, Farringdon is not a member of "LONDON TERMINALS". However, from the north it is a member of "LONDON THAMESLINK", a fares group comprising FARRINGDON, LONDON BLACKFRIARS, LONDON BRIDGE, LONDON ST PANCRAS, CITY THAMESLINK and ELEPHANT & CASTLE. Tickets to "LONDON THAMESLINK" are available from stations WEST HAMPSTEAD to DERBY, and from Overground stations KENSAL RISE to UPPER HOLLOWAY and CALEDONIAN RD.
From the south London Terminals covers City Thameslink I believe.
Correct.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I believe, tho don’t quote me, Farringdon counts as a London terminus from the North. So from Stevenage, St Albans, Bedford etc, London Terminals covers Farringdon. From the south London Terminals covers City Thameslink I believe.

You can't buy a ticket from Stevenage to 'London Thameslink' but you can buy a ticket to Farringdon (or City Thameslink, Blackfriars, London Bridge or Elephant & Castle) routed 'Not Underground'. Tickets from Stevenage to 'London Terminals' can be used on the Underground to Moorgate as it is an inter-available route but alighting at Farringdon is not allowed.

Also worth noting that the northern entrance to City Thameslink is less than 500 metres from Farringdon station.

Dudes

Great, Thanks for the help. I'll get my self a Farringdon ticket. Not only will i be able to travel to London bridge and farringdon but will save myself £500 per year. I which i realised this 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.