• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hastings Diesel Railtour 21 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Is anyone booked on the HDL Railtour to King's Lynn and Middleton Towers Tomorrow.? I am looking forward to it as it is not an area that I have been to much, especially of course the Middleton Towers Branch.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
By lovely coincidence, the bus I was on into Cambridge earlier passed over the railway exactly as the Hastings unit passed underneath. Great sight!

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
By lovely coincidence, the bus I was on into Cambridge earlier passed over the railway exactly as the Hastings unit passed underneath. Great sight!
Was that the guided bus? We were stopped for a while outside Cambridge main station & saw some guided buses whizz past. They seemed to be going very fast indeed. We also went through Cambridge North Station which seemed much larger than I was expecting.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I notice Hastings Diesels offer 'club class' which I believe gives some sort of meal with wine? Can anyone advise what sort of thing you get - I can't imagine it's anything major as the only catering vehicle in the set is the BIG buffet car.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I notice Hastings Diesels offer 'club class' which I believe gives some sort of meal with wine? Can anyone advise what sort of thing you get - I can't imagine it's anything major as the only catering vehicle in the set is the BIG buffet car.

I think you get a fairly substantial meal/possibly meals and a bottle of plonk. I've only been standard myself though.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Was that the guided bus? We were stopped for a while outside Cambridge main station & saw some guided buses whizz past. They seemed to be going very fast indeed. We also went through Cambridge North Station which seemed much larger than I was expecting.

No, the 3 on Newmarket Road.

Guided buses can go up to 55mph on the segregated sections - makes for a good run to St Ives!

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member

Tea and coffee several times throughout the day, normally morning croissant or toast, then at lunchtime, or a bit earlier yesterday, a sandwich and slice of home made cake, on longer tours sometime a noon glass of wine. In the evening, it is a salad meal; yesterday, lettuce, beetroot, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, cold salad potatoes, chicken and quiche, wine, desert. Infact prepared in a section in one of the motor units, not in the BIG Buffet, which provides very good hot and cold food. I was very impressed with what they did yesterday.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Thanks for mentioning Devon trip. Wouldn’t have know and likely missed seeing it as it’s not on any tour sites.

Have a look at Hastings Diesels own website, there are two links at the moment to their railtours section, one in the centre of the page and the other to the lefthand side. At the moment it shows the details and booking status of the June Devon trip and scroll down to see proposed trips for later in the year. http://www.hastingsdiesels.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.